Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

unlock for passenger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah if i don't want to put the car into park then I use the padlock icon at the top of the screen. It's kinda left of center at the top. I also use this if I have put the car in park, but want the car to stay locked because the car always unlocks when you put it in park, but I don't always feel safe sitting in my car waiting in the dark (multiple kids with sports practices and games, etc) so I tap that lock to lock the doors back up.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Yeah if i don't want to put the car into park then I use the padlock icon at the top of the screen. It's kinda left of center at the top. I also use this if I have put the car in park, but want the car to stay locked because the car always unlocks when you put it in park, but I don't always feel safe sitting in my car waiting in the dark (multiple kids with sports practices and games, etc) so I tap that lock to lock the doors back up.
The car only unlocks on Park if you have it set that way. We've changed our setting so it doesn't. Then if you Park, it stays locked. If you want to unlock to let someone in, just tap Park button a 2nd time.

Push to lock and unlock.

Locked:

9FF9024B-F1EF-4C34-A137-EFC233A8B9FE.jpeg

Unlocked:

2F700977-CF66-41BB-BE85-140CD88EA22A.jpeg