Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlock from App and re-lock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my previous Model S, when I unlocked the car with the Tesla App, it will stay unlocked until the next time I drive it or lock it explicitly. It is useful when I parked the car in the garage and need to go back into the car to grab stuff without the key. But with the Model X, the door re-locks itself after a certain time period which is kind of annoying. Does anyone know if there is anyway to change this behavior? I looked in the settings menu but was not able to locate any relevant settings for it.

I can't test this right now (car is getting PPF). However, most vehicles will auto-lock within a period of time if no doors are opened after unlocking. Could you try to open a door (then close it) to see if it prevents it from relocking?

I can't test this right now (car is getting PPF). However, most vehicles will auto-lock within a period of time if no doors are opened after unlocking. Could you try to open a door (then close it) to see if it prevents it from relocking?

It will still unlock itself. And on the Model S, once it is unlocked from the app, it stayed unlocked.