Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance - Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. I canceled a few months back. I'm assuming these never got back in stock. Haven't seen anyone here say they got them this year.

Sucks because other than coil overs there's no other option.

Agreed! I've lowered my own cars with coilovers and bags over the years, but I've typically lowered my wife's cars with springs only. It doesn't sound like this will be a viable option right now. Thanks for the reply! 👍

I installed them on a Performance Y recently. Unfortunately, the results are not what we expected. We were hoping the car would have a slightly lower appearance and a slightly sporty feel (taking exit ramps faster, etc). We didn't expect a smoother ride because we were hoping for a sportier ride.

We took one of our two Performance Y's to the shop UPP recommended that was about an hour away. The installation price was more than double what UPP said to expect when I asked UPP how much it would cost to install before I ordered the springs (they said about $300, it cost $791...the other place I called said $1100). So in total, I paid about $1200.

When we picked up the car, we couldn't see any difference in the height. We thought when we parked it next to our other Performance Y we would. Unfortunately, we didn't. I can put 3 fingers in between the front driver's side wheel well with a tiny, tiny bit of wiggle room on the non-lowered Y, I put 3 fingers somewhat tightly on the lowered Y.

Next driving, neither my wife nor I could notice any difference what so ever in the sportiness of the car. With that being said, we aren't track people, just sports car people who hoped to make the Performance Y a tiny bit sportier, as far as handling goes. We also haven't noticed the ride being any smoother over bumps/pot holes (not that we expected it to). If you track your Y, you may notice a tiny difference, but we don't.

With all this being said, UPP has checked in several times and seems genuinely interested in our feedback and trying to resolve our concerns. I'm going to work with them to do whatever we can to hopefully improve the situation for us and future buyers. I know UPP has a great reputation and I fully expect good things in the future. I hope to come back to this thread in the future to say what an awesome job they did making a bad situation a good one.
Some time has passed since the install and hopefully the remedy. Any updates or feedback on the situation?

Some time has passed since the install and hopefully the remedy. Any updates or feedback on the situation?

Unfortunately, not really. We decided it wasn't worth driving 45 min each way to drop off and pick the car up (and we weren't really sure who was footing the bill for this) just to have them look at it. We thought we would just deal with it. Unfortunately, it has gotten worse. Now the springs make a squeaking sound every time we turn the steering wheel at slow speeds, which is pretty embarrassing. We are trading the car in next month so we are just going to deal with it until then.