Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculate Max Battery Capacity based on Wh/Mi and 100% to 0% Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 MXP and when I drive from 100% to 0%, I can drive about ~200 miles. The display shows me ~350wh/mi for the trip.

0.35Kwh/mi * 200 miles = 75 Kwh battery capacity.

Is my math correct?

Do I have a 25% battery degradation?

I have a 2020 MXP and when I drive from 100% to 0%, I can drive about ~200 miles. The display shows me ~350wh/mi for the trip.
0.35Kwh/mi * 200 miles = 75 Kwh battery capacity.
Is my math correct?
Do I have a 25% battery degradation?
No. First off, the Plaid dies not have a 100 kwh battery. It somewhat less than 100, roughly 96 kwh. Secondly, not all of that is accessible to the vehicle. Average utilization of 350 is pretty high, something well below 300 is more typical. I am typically below 250. If I drive at 80 mph continuously, I am just over 300 (unless it is very windy). You should expect to go at least 250 miles if not more. You may need an alignment. Good wheel alignment is critical for maximum efficiency.

Last thing is, quite a bit of energy is consumed by things other than driving, like the A/C, lights, sound.

Since your energy consumption is high, 200 is not really that far off.

No. First off, the Plaid dies not have a 100 kwh battery. It somewhat less than 100, roughly 96 kwh. Secondly, not all of that is accessible to the vehicle. Average utilization of 350 is pretty high, something well below 300 is more typical. I am typically below 250. If I drive at 80 mph continuously, I am just over 300 (unless it is very windy). You should expect to go at least 250 miles if not more. You may need an alignment. Good wheel alignment is critical for maximum efficiency.

Last thing is, quite a bit of energy is consumed by things other than driving, like the A/C, lights, sound.

Since your energy consumption is high, 200 is not really that far off.
Got alignment done at Tesla, 4 new Hankook Ion EVO AS SUV tires (EV tires), 42 psi cold, used to be over 400-450 wh/mi during winter before tires and summer weather. I typically drive 75-80 if I'm doing 100% to 0%. AC usually 70-72F. I wonder if the acceleration mode matters since Ludicrous+ has to be toggled.

100% charge shows 278 miles if i remember correctly. EPA when purchased I believe was 301 miles?

My car also never shows the preheat message when navigating to superchargers, Tesla claims no problems but the recent lawsuit makes things a little more interesting.

I am averaging 359Wh/mi with my Plaid with a mix of city and 74mph highway over 18,000 miles and 14 months. I have had the alignment checked and everything is in the green. EPA on Plaid is/was 331. I haven't done a 100%-0% run but I expect to be able to do about 270 miles.

Early on someone did back to back drives in Plaid and Chill and the Wh/mi was the same so I don't think acceleration mode matters.

Aerodynamics of the X sucks so your consumption will radically increase with higher speeds - much more so than any other Tesla.

I love the 3rd row and the power of the Plaid but the power consumption is ridiculous.

I am averaging 359Wh/mi with my Plaid with a mix of city and 74mph highway over 18,000 miles and 14 months. I have had the alignment checked and everything is in the green. EPA on Plaid is/was 331. I haven't done a 100%-0% run but I expect to be able to do about 270 miles.
Early on someone did back to back drives in Plaid and Chill and the Wh/mi was the same so I don't think acceleration mode matters.
Aerodynamics of the X sucks so your consumption will radically increase with higher speeds - much more so than any other Tesla.
I love the 3rd row and the power of the Plaid but the power consumption is ridiculous.
If you have 22 inch tires, that could account for the additional consumption. I agree, Chill mode should make little difference. It just takes longer to get to 80 mph. But once there, the consumption is the same.