Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Up until when can I cancel my order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your only responsibility is the order fee of $250 up until you accept delivery of the vehicle. Once you accept delivery you own the vehicle. This is why it’s so important to thoroughly inspect the vehicle before accepting delivery. If the vehicle has a lot of quality issues (not too common these days) then one may choose to refuse delivery.

Just placed my MYLR order and EDD is October to January. Up until what point in the process can I cancel my order and have no responsibility beyond the $250 order fee I've already paid?
You can technically refuse delivery on DD, but that would really be in situations in which there is something pretty wrong with car. Btw—Curious what your configuration is? My OD is 4/20 and my EDD is Jan-Apr 2023… 😐

My OD was 11/3/21. MYLR White, Black Interior, 20” wheels, 5 seater, no tow or FSD. EDD has been all over the board including into 2023 but now shows 9/29-10/27. Debating canceling and just move on from this saga.
That is insane!
Tesla is fulfilling higher margin orders; since you locked in lower price. So many things are wrong with that.
At the end of the day they are public company and profit comes first over anything. I can't believe they are not getting more backlash over this. Media needs to build a story!