Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming Tesla Update (2023.12) to include steering wheel customizations and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are PnP modules that disable the PWS (reverse and creep) all together and avoid issues with recent software throwing alerts with an unplugged speaker. Off road use onpy of course.

Quick 5 minute job and now my brother's newish Q1 2023 Y 'sounds', like my vintage Q4 2018 3.

Last edited:
Kinda hoping for the scroll wheel to be able to open the trunk. It’s a hassle to climb into the car to tap the screen, or pull out my phone just to pop the trunk. It’s the only thing I miss from my previous car - a physical trunk button on the driver side door…
If you have an Apple Watch its just a quick button click away, always on your wrist.

Reactions: CaptUAL
My own request for scroll wheel customization would be to have the right scroll wheel adjust the windshield wiper speed, at least in context of pushing the left stalk button. Didn't see anything in what I read that this may be an option in this release. I hope that comes in a future release.
I hope they can make the right scroll wheel control different stuff when not in AutoPilot.

Scrolling up and down for speed and left right for distance have no use when I'm driving manually, can be customised to control other stuff.

Reactions: Piwacet and OxBrew
Thanks, I need to give this a try.

"Set wipers to Speed 1 (1/3/4)" or "Set wipers to Auto" or "Set wipers to off" works for me. We have had a (for us) very rain filled couple of months and tesals wipers are still something I need to micro manage, so I got plenty of time to test it. Worked as late as last week Wednesday.

There's no way a propulsion sound makes any kind of impact to range. Not even a mile's worth. If it uses 15 additional watts I'd be surprised.

It's not the electricity consumption of the sound that impacts range, it's the sound waves themselves projecting forward off the car that pushes the car back. This is why even though the EPA estimates 353 miles, I only get about 270.

Somehow got 2023.12.1 earlier this evening and thought I'd share some things I found that weren't documented yet.

IMG_6770.jpeg

Looks like the font for temperature was updated slightly, and maybe the whole system font.

IMG_6771.jpeg

Tapping the app drawer (3 dots) shows the quick controls that you don't have in your main dock all the time, previously it wouldn't show unless you entered customize mode. Also shows new "customize" button all the time.

IMG_6772.jpeg

Full list of quick controls

Service mode updates, some of these might have been there before but they seem new to me.
IMG_6773.jpeg

CCS Retrofit button

IMG_6774.jpeg

Isolation test

IMG_6775 (1).jpeg

Completely new screen, seems like everything green is tappable

IMG_6776 (1).jpeg

This one had the most options

Attachments

• IMG_6775.jpeg
    IMG_6775.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6776.jpeg
    IMG_6776.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6777.jpeg
    IMG_6777.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 41
It's not the electricity consumption of the sound that impacts range, it's the sound waves themselves projecting forward off the car that pushes the car back. This is why even though the EPA estimates 353 miles, I only get about 270.
Well, technically, since the speaker faces downwards, the sound waves are pushing the front of the car up, therefore messing up the airflow. That would account for the decrease in range.... :cool: