Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming Tesla Update (2023.12) to include steering wheel customizations and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated to 2023.12.1 on ‘21 Model S Refresh. Unfortunately it does not include text size or left scroll wheel customization. So basically it just phone control options on left scroll, control search and rear passenger seat control. Meh.

For anyone who has 2023.12.1 can you confirm if this wiper feature is working : Hallelujah (wiper controls)

Basically if you push in on the left stalk to activate a wiper swipe you can now use left scroll wheel to change speeds instead of touching the popup on the screen. I assume this is a 3/Y feature as I believe S/X already can scroll the speeds on the binnacle display?

I was bummed to see that the left scroll wheel customization didn't include wipers but if this undocumented change is working then I'll be happy.

Reactions: WyoDude and TriniB
For anyone who has 2023.12.1 can you confirm if this wiper feature is working : Hallelujah (wiper controls)

Basically if you push in on the left stalk to activate a wiper swipe you can now use left scroll wheel to change speeds instead of touching the popup on the screen. I assume this is a 3/Y feature as I believe S/X already can scroll the speeds on the binnacle display?

I was bummed to see that the left scroll wheel customization didn't include wipers but if this undocumented change is working then I'll be happy.
Got 2023.12.1 tonight on Model 3 and indeed, this feature works! It'll be way easier to adjust wipers in rain + traffic + curves. ❤️

The Text Size, Scroll Wheel Functions, Controls > Search, and Map POI info all work well and make me happy! Esp. Text Size and Scroll Wheel Functions. Huge usability improvement for me. ❤️❤️❤️

Unexpected goodies:
  • A set of "Highlighted features" under Controls > Search until you start typing a query. It's shows off new, under-used, and maybe frequently used features with quicker access.
  • Various Controls screens tag their NEW features.

This text size control does not yet adjust the browser and owner's guide contents. Another day. It does adjust the brower's query field.

Got 2023.12.1 tonight on Model 3 and indeed, this feature works! It'll be way easier to adjust wipers in rain + traffic + curves. ❤️

The Text Size, Scroll Wheel Functions, Controls > Search, and Map POI info all work well and make me happy! Esp. Text Size and Scroll Wheel Functions. Huge usability improvement for me. ❤️❤️❤️

Unexpected goodies:
  • A set of "Highlighted features" under Controls > Search until you start typing a query. It's shows off new, under-used, and maybe frequently used features with quicker access.
  • Various Controls screens tag their NEW features.

This text size control does not yet adjust the browser and owner's guide contents. Another day. It does adjust the brower's query field.
I normally stay on Standard but just switched the car to Advanced to hopefully get this faster.

For old folks like me, or anyone wearing glasses with progressive lens, the larger font really helps, I don't have to move my head around as much to find a point where the small text is in good enough focus to actually be able read it. I've always felt the very small text used by Tesla presented a safety issue for those without 20/20 vision and eyeglass wearers. Also Tesla, please never use med. grey text on a white background - use only black text with a white background as the added contrast makes it much easier to quickly locate and read what you are looking for.