Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2020.8.1.1 not loading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not see any other posts on this, so here is my problem:
I have been trying to load the new release.
I go through the motions, but in the end nothing happens.
I get the 2 min count-down, it acts/looks like it will load, even states that it is 10%, then it just quits.
Then I get the notification to down load again.
WiFi signal is good, even tried tethering off of my phone.

I am really loathing trying to contact Tesla or go to the SC.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Car is a 2012 Signature # 328.

I tried to install three 2020.8.1.1 three times: Once from the phone, once from the car, and a second time from the car after rebooting the computer as suggested above. On the last attempt, I also unplugged my USB card, which had been an issue on one previous software update (SC recommended always unplugging it but sometimes I forgot and it has been OK until this one). Anyway, none of the three attempts have worked. I am in no particular rush for this update anyway, especially given the reported issues. And with the tavel restrictions from the Coronavirus, not much need to go anywhere anyway! So I think i will wait to see what happens.

I could not see any other posts on this, so here is my problem:
I have been trying to load the new release.
I go through the motions, but in the end nothing happens.
I get the 2 min count-down, it acts/looks like it will load, even states that it is 10%, then it just quits.
Then I get the notification to down load again.
WiFi signal is good, even tried tethering off of my phone.

I am really loathing trying to contact Tesla or go to the SC.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Car is a 2012 Signature # 328.
At least you're trying to get 2020.8.... I am stuck on 2019.40.2.1, and have been for many months... I check everyday for the 'upgrade' icon, but nothing... There are some things in the upgrade I really want too; like having the regen braking 'fixed' . I might as well still be driving my Prius for as 'feeble' as it has been.