Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 24.6.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 24.6.9 last night.

In terms of the wheel configuration, the choice of "18 Aero Cap Kit rims" is available (in addition to "Aero 18"). I do not know from which update (not found the information before in posts)
20200721_064517.jpg
20200721_064554.jpg

Reactions: KenC
So 24.6.9 from 20.17. I thought maybe it was the line with fixes. I just tested it and from the plus the side camera for parking in the garage was ace. However AP I am in the right lane dual carriageway and accelerating to speed, switch to AP and the car slowed down as it was passing the car in the left which was a bit phantom. It also took much longer to acquire the lines going onto it. AP would not engage because of the increased time to read them it seems. I did a reboot before I left just to make sure. Car is clean. So for the short limited run I did today its back to very nervous. I have a feeling it would not be so fun a longer excursion 20.17 driving was perfect it seemed.

I’ve noticed that the (H) “Hold” feature when the car stops, may have been replaced with just “0” mph instead.
I saw this several times now.
I’m not sure if it happened every time I stopped, because I forgot to check.
Anyone else notice this ?

I just updated from 20.17 and the Hold mode is no longer working. It’s preforming like Roll. It doesn’t stop until I press the brake, which I hate. I rebooted the car but that didn’t fix it.

No, you and everyone who is posting what older version you are still on shouldn't worry. For whatever reason tesla is being really weird about the number of software versions that are deployed currently - there are 3 that have significant numbers of installs, and some 3 more that have pretty big numbers.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 8.17.41 PM.jpg

Note that these numbers are from teslafi, which is only a relatively small percentage of the total number of teslas, but is a large enough percentage of them that you can use it with some statistical validity.

Yes, the same thing is happening to me too. I drove it around today and when I returned home it would remain unlocked for about an hour and then lock itself. And what's even weirder is when I went to the store it would not auto lock so something is screwy. I'll try a reset tomorrow to see if that helps.

Did you get it resolved? What I did was delete my home address and added it back again. I then uncheck and re-checked "exclude home" for my Easy Entry and main profile, and it seems to be working now.

Note: when releasing the charge cable from a deep sleep, you have to wait a couple of seconds after pressing the release button for the light to turn indicating the handle is ready for release.

I think what's happening is the surface street AP algorithms are being "worked on". I'm getting all sorts of proactive behavior that's not all that welcome. Like overreacting to bicycles by strong slowdown. I kind of liked it simple, let me decide if this bicyclist should be coddled or not.

Freeway NOA is its own world, I haven't had a chance to try it with this version, I'm hoping they left it alone. NOA was quite good. It's actually a very complex thing, but it doesn't have to deal with cross-traffic, bicycles, oblivious pedestrians in the road, all those pesky surface gremlins. So now, welcome to street issues hell. Terribly complex. Oy. But we'll live. The stoplight handling e.g. is getting pretty good.

I'll be happy with level 4. I'm not sure I really want level 5. Have people thought about the liability (and liability insurance) issues?

Musk is right, it comes down to statistics. Is safe as a human good enough? Twice as safe? Ten times? I think the truth is that nothing is good enough in a litigious society. China will go Level 5 before the US. Because they don't care about "individuals". In the US, the first and only time a car on level 5 AP kills a baby, it's going to be deathly scandalous, #ban the robots, like it never happens under human control. Although it does all the time.

Last edited:
We shall request Tesla to utilize the side camera for blind spot function, similar Honda blind spot camera. When press signal when changing lane, the side camera activate.

I don't know the Honda system. Does it display side camera views?
Maybe you need some time to get comfortable with the Tesla way?

Some people drive Teslas with the rear-facing cameras always displayed. The side "repeater" cameras appear in the view as well. You'd want that to pop up, automatically overlay and obscure what was being shown on the main screen, whenever a blinker was engaged?

The main screen's diagramed view of the car shows surrounding cars in clear outline, including, but not only, in the blind spots. That and the mirrors are the first place I look.

I don't know if it's important if you're using autopilot lane changes, but I suppose a strip showing the 2 side repeater cameras could be added, without obscuring everything.

The lane change system takes those into account in deciding when it's safe to change lanes. It uses all the camera inputs, the radar and the proximity sensors. But I keep forgetting there are people for whom it's just a car, you know, pedals and steering wheel and local radio. They don't know or use the automation features.

What else would you like to have?

Last edited: