Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 40.50.7 major problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the 2019.40.50.7 update, and it seems to have “lost” all the nav cameras. No lane markers or nearby cars now show up at all on the touch screen, and therefore the blind spot warning, etc from previous updates are no longer working. Still have radar proximity “arcs” but that is all, while driving (b/u camera still works in reverse).
I do not have any autopilot upgrades, etc., just the standard LR M3, delivered August 2018. I have rebooted the screen twice and no change.
This seems like a significant safety issue. Anyone else experience this, or know of a fix? If no fix, can Service set me back to the previous software version? Thanks for any help!

50.1 seemed ok, I opened the glovebox by voice command, but starting on Jan 2 with 50.?=<7 the phone started randomly calling people when you open the door, Very Embarrassing! I was hoping 50.7 would fix it but No.
Now, even worse, neither my Android nor my wife's Apple phones can connect to our M3, but from the car we can connect to the phone. But even after connecting, and both the phone and car saying Connected, it won't let you shift to D or R to drive the car, it pops up the Touch key card to console dialog box.
Voice command and text msg problems in 50.x will eventually get fixed, BUT this is DISABLING!

I’m having the same bugs - no lane markers, no nearby cars on the screen, no cruise control or auto steer, and FSD preview gone. I have a M3 Long Range with FSD.

I’ve tried the Power Off and hard reboot, neither has worked. The car was asleep for hours while I was at work and nothing was better afterwards.

Hope they send a better update soon...

UPDATE: On my way back from San Diego I stopped for a bathroom break and when I resumed my trip I lost my driving visualization, lane markings, cruise control and auto pilot features. When I finally got to the Kettleman City Supercharger I called my local Service Center and had them push the 2019.40.50.7 update to my car again. It seemed to fixed all the issues I was having expect for the text messaging features. I later got advice from someone on twitter on how to address the matter. Basically I had to delete the phone key, and delete the phone from the bluetooth menu and start all over again. Followed the directions on the release notes and boom! Everything is working as intended. So I would try to reach out to your local service center and go that route. Hope this helps you.