Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update Failure 3x in a row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model S with FSD Beta. The last 3 version updates have failed on initial push. I have great internet connectivity and wifi in my house. After hard-reboot of the car it still fails. It seems somehow Tesla pushed one that installed without my confirmation a couple of weeks back on that last version. Today it failed twice on this version even after the reboot.

I have a 2022 Model S with FSD Beta. The last 3 version updates have failed on initial push. I have great internet connectivity and wifi in my house. After hard-reboot of the car it still fails. It seems somehow Tesla pushed one that installed without my confirmation a couple of weeks back on that last version. Today it failed twice on this version even after the reboot.
Failing to do what? Download? Install? What's the error? What's the version? What version are you on?

Just because you have great wifi in your house says absolutely nothing about the garage. Many garages are not air conditioned, which means that the house is insulated from them. Metal back insulation does an awesome job of blocking wifi.

AFAIK, Tesla doesn't push updates (unless requested by the Service Center)

The display in the car has a popup that says the software update failed and to try again. So, failing to update the software.
The update that is going out to FSD Beta currently is 2023.7.15.
I am currently on 2023.7.10

They definitely pushed my current version because I didn't not confirm it when I went out to the car and saw the update has succeeded last time. It failed over and over.

Before this Model S, I had a Model 3 with FSD Beta since 2020 and never had this problem so the insulation isn't going to start causing this.

Helping a friend with the same issue. 2021 Model S Plaid. His has been doing this for months.

Here's what the error message shows for anyone interested.

Error.png

Last edited:
Update: my OTA update again failed today. This was my first OTA update notification since the service appointment to manually update the software on my 2022 Model S two months ago. I just submitted another service request.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 4.13.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 4.13.51 PM.png
    890 KB · Views: 34