Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No check for update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine had not checked for a week according to the screen.

Did a reboot, and as soon as it got LTE connectivity it checked and lo and behold, 2023.26.7 was there, ready for me to download and install.

Currently downloading via WiFi...

The last 3 times my car said there was an update, was only after i rebooted the car manually and forced it to check for updates.
Literally same, I don’t understand why people are saying it doesn’t make a difference lol, I almost always get a new software update when I manually check when they’ve been out for a while. Especially when I subscribe and beta test FSD sometimes. I hate that it doesn’t do the 24 hour check anymore, mine hasn’t checked since I forced it to last week which got me 2023.26.7. Really hope this gets fixed tbh..

Reactions: (crunch)
2023.26.8 installed, looks like software update check is working

I am still on 2023.20.9 and have to manually check every few days. Spotify hangs, no update check and other software annoyances with this version that I have not experienced since receiving the car almost 6 months ago. Really hope 26.8 is more stable...any feedback? Hoping to get it this week since it has been over a month since any updates.

Forcing the check, for example by rebooting, might make your car realize that it's now entitled to the update a bit faster. If you don't do that, you'll eventually get the notification anyway, probably later in the same day. I've received notification of last few updates on my phone (mobile app) while the car was parked at home.

Reactions: MrBadger
Forcing the check, for example by rebooting, might make your car realize that it's now entitled to the update a bit faster. If you don't do that, you'll eventually get the notification anyway, probably later in the same day. I've received notification of last few updates on my phone (mobile app) while the car was parked at home.
This is not my experience though.

When i was away on holiday, i had not access to wifi, so was not able to download any anyway, and i was also a bit like "I am not going to apply any updates to my working car, while on holiday, if it screws up i am a LONG way from home".

When i got home i read that an update had been released 10 days prior, and the car had not done a single check for updates.

When i got home in my driveway i rebooted the car, and it instantly downloaded the update. I strongly believe that if i do not do any reboots, i will not get any updates. The last, atleast 5 updates have only become available for download after a reboot. Often with days and days since last check according to the screen.

I've noticed my car not wanting to check when I did the manual check as well. A while back it was one day interval minimum and recently it was more. I have not rebooted and yet I receive updates. Sometimes the delay can be very long between an update being released to the first car and you getting it. Sometimes an update can even be skipped after some portion of the deployment so it might take a long while before you get one. I've seen these cases happen. I believe you're reading more into your experience than what really happens.

Reactions: E90alex
I've noticed my car not wanting to check when I did the manual check as well. A while back it was one day interval minimum and recently it was more. I have not rebooted and yet I receive updates. Sometimes the delay can be very long between an update being released to the first car and you getting it. Sometimes an update can even be skipped after some portion of the deployment so it might take a long while before you get one. I've seen these cases happen. I believe you're reading more into your experience than what really happens.
You are to fast.

When i reboot, if i go to the software page at once and before the car is connected to LTE or Wifi, it will also just stay at the last date i rebooted.

This is the way i do it.

Reboot car
Wait until the car infotainment is booted up, and the wifi or LTE signal indicator indicates the car has connection to the internet
Go to software page, it will then 95% of the time say "Checking for update"

Once of twice i have had to do a second reboot and repeat the process to get it to actually check.

Guys, push and hold both stalk wheels in?
Best way?
Best way is to just change the display language. It does a much quicker reboot (maybe 10 seconds). Like the guy above, the only time I've received updates since getting the car a month or two ago is by doing a reboot or the language change reboot. I'm experimenting with it at the moment and purposely avoiding the language change reboot to see if I'm offered it (it's rolling out a lot where I am at the mo). I suspect I won't until I do the reboot.