Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Delivery Estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non tesla owner, store reserved 3/31. My new estimate for fully loaded car is Dec 17-Feb 18, standard car Early 2018, and AWD is Aug-Oct 2018. Can tesla make things even more vague? Very disappointed at this point.

Not for East Coast. Jan is earliest - 10:48am 31st order Boston now Jan - march.
Neighbor is even more doubtful. He thinks he'll be configuring the car and not getting the car during that time frame.

We all need to keep these statements in perspective. Right now Tesla is in the midst of what Elon calls “production hell”, making any prediction of delivery dates only the roughest of estimates. They’re estimating delays for some things but earlier for some too. My Florida Model 3 reservation shows a 3 month delay, but my Brazilian reservation shows six months earlier.

My guess is that they’re planning on moving to higher production velocity once the automation problems have been resolved. We already know that the current problem-du-jour has been battery pack assembly. We also know that other problems will happen. That, as we all know, is the way initial highly automated processes tend to work. Once the kinks are unraveled they’re very, very fast and very high quality.

Thus, I will not be dismayed.
I will be patient,
I will be patient,
I will be patient,
(Repeat as many times as needed until I eventually have been invited to configure at least one of my reserved cars)

Reactions: RedModel3
#40 in line on 3/31, Raleigh NC, non tesla owner. My delivery estimate window was only bumped by a month to December-Feb.

I’m still planning on March, but if it’s eariler than that, great. Highly doubt it’ll be December.

#40 in line on 3/31, Raleigh NC, non tesla owner. My delivery estimate window was only bumped by a month to December-Feb.

I’m still planning on March, but if it’s eariler than that, great. Highly doubt it’ll be December.

Raleigh, also, not sure what number in line (probably somewhere in the 100-200 range) and mine's Dec-Feb as well. If I get it before my birthday in April, I'll be happy. :)

Reactions: Railhawk52
Non tesla owner, store reserved 3/31. My new estimate for fully loaded car is Dec 17-Feb 18, standard car Early 2018, and AWD is Aug-Oct 2018. Can tesla make things even more vague? Very disappointed at this point.
Thats not bad...I am an owner and got pushed back till March-May. This is a total guessing game on there part as we all know. I don't have much faith in the date until they put something out about pumping 5k out a week, then we can get a little excited:):D

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else, but I didn't know the best way to search. My date is March/May 2018, I'm not an owner, and reserved on 4/4/16. When it comes time to configure, will I only have the option at that time for the premium 49k one if I don't want to wait? I was hoping by that timeframe it could open up the config to be able to possible pick options. Again, sorry if already discussed somewhere else on here. Thanks.

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else, but I didn't know the best way to search. My date is March/May 2018, I'm not an owner, and reserved on 4/4/16. When it comes time to configure, will I only have the option at that time for the premium 49k one if I don't want to wait? I was hoping by that timeframe it could open up the config to be able to possible pick options. Again, sorry if already discussed somewhere else on here. Thanks.
That is correct...They are pushing out fully loaded before 35kish car!