TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Updated S75 DU01; Gearbox updated as well?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by selfbp, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. selfbp

selfbp Member

Probably going to run my car at our dragstrip before it gets too cold outside this year, anyone know if the DU01 motor vehicles got an updated gearbox to keep everything A-Okay if I were to do some hard launches on the stick? Don’t wanna go out there and rip through the gear. I know the P series cars would be fine... but now the S75 has the same performance as those pretty much... any thoughts?

... or are the gearboxes all the same across the board for the RWD motors? Not brushed up on this much yet..

2. Mike75d

Mike75d Member

You shouldn't have any problem with hard launches with traction control on, I do it at every traffic light. If you are able to turn it off and do a burnout you'll probably get a better launch and I still doubt you could damage the gear or shafts.
    Tesla promoted these cars buy launching customers on airport runways so I can't see them rejecting a warranty claim for launching the car anyway.

• Like x 1
  3. selfbp

selfbp Member

Well, can confirm at 85% charge the new DU01 S75 runs a 12.7 1/4mi at 106mph. I might be able to even squeeze a 12.5 with 90% charge and a little more practice.

4. Mike75d

Mike75d Member