Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated to Version 2018.42.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is going wide pretty quick.
R2BBQWr.jpg

Got my update today when I got home from night shift (about 6:30 am). Still wondering what's new. Also, any time there is an update, it screws up Slacker radio ... I'm assuming it's due to a bandwidth issue. I'm in Alberta, Canada.

Hi Does anyone know if on 42.3 the Update resolved the dashcam recording problem where we get that "X" on the cam recording because of some corrupted file or something.

Only way so far I have been using it was to stop the recording by long press the cam icon. when putting the car on park. So that way I dont have to pull the usb and reformat the usb everytime when I get the X

Hi Does anyone know if on 42.3 the Update resolved the dashcam recording problem where we get that "X" on the cam recording because of some corrupted file or something.

Only way so far I have been using it was to stop the recording by long press the cam icon. when putting the car on park. So that way I dont have to pull the usb and reformat the usb everytime when I get the X

Fixed for me in 42.2. I used long press to turn it on and leave it on three days ago.

Do you have EAP and did you get NoA immediately after you upgraded? I was told by Tesla main support number that you must have .40 to get the new maps and you need the new maps to get NoA. I just want to know if that is accurate. I am on 42.2 and I do not have the new maps.

Correct -- NoA will not be available without the new maps. If you have 42.x and you don't have NoA available, leave the car on WiFi to get the new maps. You will not receive any notification that the maps were downloaded and installed -- it will do it all in the background.

• Helpful
Reactions: chibi_kurochan

I haven't got "X"s since i reformated a 128Gb Suntek into 2 partitions a little under 32Gb each, unless i pulled out the usb. If i pull out usb, then i am guaranteed to have dirty bit set, which could only be repaired with fsck on my computer but not in Tesla.

So no, i haven't had "X's on 42.3 either, but then since it didn't happen on 39.7 either for some time, it doesn't mean much.

I think the main problem really is at this point that they don't have an on-demand un-mount of the FS so you can pull it out whenever you want, without breaking down the FS.

Do you have EAP and did you get NoA immediately after you upgraded? I was told by Tesla main support number that you must have .40 to get the new maps and you need the new maps to get NoA. I just want to know if that is accurate. I am on 42.2 and I do not have the new maps.

I came from 32.2 and immediately had NoA after applying the update. So I don't think .40 was a requirement to get new map data. My total download size for 42.2 was 900 MB, so I certainly didn't get gigabytes worth of maps with the OS download either.