Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates to referral program (7/7/23)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did you hear back from Tesla? I'm in the same exact boat. my friend ordered on the 6th and took delivery last week, but he got the updated referral deal of $500 off. If it wasnt for Tesla reps telling him that I will receive the 10k credits I would have just told my friend to cancel and reorder and I would have given him the $250. ):
no they are not responding to me at all. i think they are getting a few of these and just dont want to deal with it. I am almost to the point of - it is what it is. It sucks but at this point not much we can do either.

I have noticed Tesla likes to change the rules on things and you just have to deal with it, no matter how much crying to them they just dont care most of the time.

If someone else can get this changed, let us all know what you did.

It seems like they've quietly also removed the only viable redemption offer for those with the old program 1500 points. Took delivery just before the new program and ended up with the 1500 credits which would provide for 500km supercharger credits, they've now made the minimum option 5000 credits leaving nothing to redeem.

It seems like they've quietly also removed the only viable redemption offer for those with the old program 1500 points. Took delivery just before the new program and ended up with the 1500 credits which would provide for 500km supercharger credits, they've now made the minimum option 5000 credits leaving nothing to redeem.
Yeah they took it away at the start of July when the program was revamped

Pretty sure it was 1500 points for 500km or 3000 points for 1500km

Now the minimum is 5000 points for 1500km, next being 12000 points for 7500km if you want supercharging

The issue I am facing is this:

I am in the process of Tesla solar, wife and I have Tesla (Y/3) with seperate accounts and billing. However I used her referral code and got the "discount" off the solar panels and wanted to give her the bonus points for AB or other hardwares. She did not get any confirmation email or pending in history for my solar order. Tesla confirmed she should see it but I have my doubts. The T&CS says for new Tesla owners, so if existing Tesla owners refer a friend/family of a different product line, we don't get the points ?

I hope someone can help or confirm.

I have questions about the referral system. I have 50,000 referral credits to spend. I ordered floor mats for my daughter’s MY and was able to put in her address for delivery. Now I would like to renew her Premium Connectivity but only my VIN shows up in my app. Was hoping there was a way to gift some of my credits to other Tesla owners in my family who don’t live with me. Anyone know how to talk to someone in the referral department at Tesla?

I have questions about the referral system. I have 50,000 referral credits to spend. I ordered floor mats for my daughter’s MY and was able to put in her address for delivery. Now I would like to renew her Premium Connectivity but only my VIN shows up in my app. Was hoping there was a way to gift some of my credits to other Tesla owners in my family who don’t live with me. Anyone know how to talk to someone in the referral department at Tesla?
Accepting donations =)

• Funny
Reactions: Hairyman
Referred a friend who purchased a Model S. When he placed the order, I received a message from Tesla stating that 20,000 points were pending. During the wait time for pick up of the S, the program changed, dropping to 10,000. However, the original posting from Tesla never changed or updated. In other words, it remained 20k pending. After the car was picked up, I received a message that I had acquired 10,000 points. This doesn’t seem right. The deal was made based on what was current at the time. They changed the rules along the way.

Referred a friend who purchased a Model S. When he placed the order, I received a message from Tesla stating that 20,000 points were pending. During the wait time for pick up of the S, the program changed, dropping to 10,000. However, the original posting from Tesla never changed or updated. In other words, it remained 20k pending. After the car was picked up, I received a message that I had acquired 10,000 points. This doesn’t seem right. The deal was made based on what was current at the time. They changed the rules along the way.
If you protest loudly enough they'll likely give you 20k. Assume you have screenshots etc.
Reminds me of the premium connectivity thing in 2019 where website did not state 1 year free only but later changed, on protest some of us now have free premium connectivity for 'life'.

…Was hoping there was a way to gift some of my credits to other Tesla owners in my family who don’t live with me. Anyone know how to talk to someone in the referral department at Tesla?
Don’t spend time thinking about or bugging Tesla about this. You can ship the physical rewards to them. You’ll never get the VIN or account attached rewards moved to another account.
If you protest loudly enough they'll likely give you 20k…
Your and my experiences with Tesla are very different. I think this is very unlikely.