Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade froma Model S 60 to Model S P90D 1 month review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well its been almost a month, time for the report. The weather finally is nicer and I've been able to do some real world tests.

cabin noise: same as my 60. I was expecting a little more noise from the 21's, but not noticeable. When I had 21s with service loaners, I did notice, but the new sound dampening on the wheel wells is working very well.

charge port: much nicer tactile feel during insert and love auto close and easy to open at public charger now.

new applique, reverse light lens are new and dont fog up!

Hold feature, amazing. Very nice not having to hold down the peddle.

AutoPilot. Wow, just incredible how well its working. I'm experimenting with helping it hypermile a little too. First discovery is that you can quickly turn the cruise control stock all the way towards to (to get the car length setting to 7) while going up hill or needing to slow down to slack off the power. When back level or going down hill return it to its prior setting. Amazing and its fun having something to do while the car just does most of the work.

P90D max battery power, insane mode launching: I'm a huge roller coaster fan. May never have to enter a theme park again. Its like what I would imaging launching a jet off an aircraft carrier feels like. Too much fun. Passenger reactions are priceless. Much more swearing than I would care to share.

update: Smart Air Suspension: I forgot to add, I initially was not a big fan of SAS, but decided to go for it. The ride is so smooth, its like being on air. Ha! I don't miss coils at all. I really was thinking the feel of the road and tires was important, but I don't think I really find it missing on the air with the 21s. Consider me converted.

• Helpful
Reactions: Seesaw and Maximus8