Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade last night (9-1-2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been able to call Tesla support and make a request - they said they tell a local service center to push it out when they have time.

Unfortunately I’ve not had any luck with that path either. They usually just tell me someone from the service center will follow up and that never happens. My attempts to reach out to all 3 of my local service centers results in the same response: updates roll out over the course of weeks and they do not manually push updates. Of course, we all know that’s a mixed truth since they obviously have accepted these kinds of requests before.

Where is any reference to 2017.35. .34 is still the latest FW on the firmware tracker and is still being pumped out to cars as of 9-3-17 7:30am EST

TeslaFi

upload_2017-9-3_15-45-0.png

I got 2017.34 on AP2 S90D a few days ago. Seems smoother however I noticed a few things that were not so great.

1. With a center concrete divider and no left lane marking the car wanted to swerve into it and I had to take over.

2. Car was approaching a big Stopped Pickup Truck F350 (very flat back) at a red light. It partially recognized it and started to stop/go/stop/go and I had to quickly react to stop from rear ending the truck.

I really hope these things get addressed soon.

I received an upgrade last night, and I apologize for not noting the release number. However, the release notes were empty except for "This release contains minor fixes and improvements". No other information.

What I can say is my AP2 drive in this morning was noticeably smoother... I'd go so far as to say it was SILLLKY SMOOOTH. Now maybe it was placebo effect, but it seemed much better, smoother, with fewer hiccups due to vague road markings, etc. My commute is primarily Los Gatos to Menlo Park on hwy 85 and 101.

To be fair, I have not had a chance to test the stop and go traffic behavior, where I am anxious for fixes to the wandering car and slowly creeping to the right in the lane issues.

Anybody else get this?

I received the
I received an upgrade last night, and I apologize for not noting the release number. However, the release notes were empty except for "This release contains minor fixes and improvements". No other information.

What I can say is my AP2 drive in this morning was noticeably smoother... I'd go so far as to say it was SILLLKY SMOOOTH. Now maybe it was placebo effect, but it seemed much better, smoother, with fewer hiccups due to vague road markings, etc. My commute is primarily Los Gatos to Menlo Park on hwy 85 and 101.

To be fair, I have not had a chance to test the stop and go traffic behavior, where I am anxious for fixes to the wandering car and slowly creeping to the right in the lane issues.

Anybody else get this?

I have AP2 in my X and received 17.34 a few days ago... since then i have had speed limit on highway suddenly limit itself to 25mph causing hard braking, steering suddenly pull to the right on an exit ramp so I had to grab the wheel and correct, and some other less terrifying but also weird and buggy things. Has anyone else found AP2 get worse?!

Anybody else get this?

Can confirm that this update has not fixed the slight creepy crawl to the right in stop and go traffic. Ah well

Reactions: timvracer
I got 2017.34 on AP2 S90D a few days ago. Seems smoother however I noticed a few things that were not so great.

1. With a center concrete divider and no left lane marking the car wanted to swerve into it and I had to take over.

2. Car was approaching a big Stopped Pickup Truck F350 (very flat back) at a red light. It partially recognized it and started to stop/go/stop/go and I had to quickly react to stop from rear ending the truck.

I really hope these things get addressed soon.

I'm having the same experience with 2017.34 on AP2 X100D. Who said Autopilot would make us doze off?