Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading the Side Turn Signal Markers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will this side camera replacement fit on a 2013 model S? Assuming the camera won't be functional given there isnt a side camera currently, but want to know if it fits.

I'm bringing the car in for the upgrade to MCU2 tomorrow. Though I don't know if that would change anything to enable the side cameras (if they fit) to then also become functional cameras?

Will this side camera replacement fit on a 2013 model S? Assuming the camera won't be functional given there isnt a side camera currently, but want to know if it fits.

I'm bringing the car in for the upgrade to MCU2 tomorrow. Though I don't know if that would change anything to enable the side cameras (if they fit) to then also become functional cameras?

They will indeed fit and the turn signals will blink, but the cameras will not function - nothing to plug them into. MCU2 upgrade doesn't upgrade the autopilot system - that's what would be needed to get the side cameras operable.

HTH!

Brian