Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Urgent] Spontaneous Suspension Failure + Lack Of Tesla Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the insurance company eventually agreed to pay after we pay a $1000 deductible and 60% cost of the tires. They suggested we contact Tesla since if they pay, it would record as a 'collision history', which will cause our insurance premium to skyrocket.

That stinks that they are throwing the ball back in your court to fight Tesla on this.

So now you need all the info from Tesla about the cause of the failure. I would also get the repair cost estimates. If you still can't get your case escalated, a consultation with a lawyer might be in order (as much as I hate to suggest this). Sometimes a letter from a lawyer will do wonders to loosen up stuck communications channels.

Well, the insurance company eventually agreed to pay after we pay a $1000 deductible and 60% cost of the tires. They suggested we contact Tesla since if they pay, it would record as a 'collision history', which will cause our insurance premium to skyrocket.

If it is accident fault shouldn't person who rear ended you's insurance pay? And their premium 'skyrocket'?

EnumC, I'm really sorry you are in this situation. I get what you are saying that if your car got the "everything checked out ok" after the inspection by the Tesla body shop after the accident (and I believe from what I read that this is a pretty thorough checklist they go through), then the suspension part shouldn't have failed driving two months later like that. Will be following to see how it turns out.

I'm curious what version your 2014 MS is. Was this on Hwy 85? Looked pretty heavily trafficked at that time. Scary to think of leaving the freeway at 60mph and having to cross over landscaping and down to an exit ramp even without a broken suspension. Glad you were ok.

Last edited:
EnumC, I'm really sorry you are in this situation. I get what you are saying that if your car got the "everything checked out ok" after the inspection by the Tesla body shop after the accident (and I believe from what I read that this is a pretty thorough checklist they go through), then the suspension part shouldn't have failed driving two months later like that. Will be following to see how it turns out.

I'm curious what version your 2014 MS is. Was this on Hwy 85? Looked pretty heavily trafficked at that time. Scary to think of leaving the freeway at 60mph and having to cross over landscaping and down to an exit ramp even without a broken suspension. Glad you were ok.
It was 280. Thanks for your kind words. I probably just have bad luck this year.