Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

URGENT: Tesla Wire info needed ASAP please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
URGENT: It seems like people on here have used the wire transfer option. I was told that I could do a wire transfer by my SA for weeks and I had everything set up. Supposed to do the pick up today but didn't have a link or email to pay for the down payment. After several calls to the delivery center and them figuring out that someone dropped the ball, they finally send me all the docs etc to sign and the link to pay. This was 15 mins before my pick up time. I go in and I'm only getting Plaid as an option. I can't do plaid because I set this up for a wire transfer weeks ago. Aka I sent the needed money to a trading acct where I can do the wire transfer from. Delivery center tells me I can't do a wire transfer. I have to use plaid. I'm livid. I have had to move a lot of things around for this and they tell me this at the 11th hr????? I know they have to be wrong because people have used the wire transfer option as recently as 1-2 weeks ago.

My SA said I should be able to do wire txfr. He's looking into it. Does anyone have the info for a wire transfer please? I need to do this ASAP. You can DM me or please post it on here. Thank you.

It's on the last page of the MVPA doc on your account on the website.

I'm so sorry for the ignorance. I signed everything in a rush. And now when I go in all I see is this. Where would I find the MVPA? Is it the order agreement?

Thank you.

Benjamin.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 6.20.48 PM.png

I just paid for a model y via wire transfer (in Canada though) wire instructions were on the page you show a pic of in your last post.

Of note, they asked me to include RN, last 6 of VIN and last name in the wire instructions. I would try the pop-up chat on the Tesla website for a quick response.

Yeah sorry, not sure, I had a MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) in my Documents--I think it showed up right after I got my VIN. That doc had the ACH info on the last page and I took that to the bank to initiate the transfer. I don't have that doc in my Documents anymore so I don't have the info to share.

Interesting... the account number on my MVPA is different.
The bank's wire routing number is different than the ABA routing number in my experience. I just compared the wire transfer number I use for personal banking with the ABA routing number that appears on the bottom of my checks. The wire transfer number is a different number.

Last edited:
no I meant on the MVPA.

AccountName Account # ABA/Routing# Note
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
420 Montgomery
San Francisco, CA 94104
TeslaMotorsInc. _83231814113936353______ 121000248
I found my MVPA from June 2020. The ABA routing # 121000248 matches. The Bank Name,Bank Address and Account Name match. The Tesla Account # "83231814" starts out the same but the last 9 digits match my reservation number but without the leading "RN" characters.

Reactions: SeaM3White2021
First of all thank you sooooo much to everyone who reached out and even posted info on here. Honestly this forum has some amazing people. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Okay here is my update. After hours on the phone with Tesla, they figured out that the guy from the costa mesa delivery center did not know what he was talking about and was totally wrong. One can do wire transfers. However if you are using Tesla financing, they don't include the wire transfer info on your MVPA. No idea why. People were literally scrambling around trying to find the wire transfer info (facepalm):rolleyes:

Anyway after all that, I got the wire transfer info only to find out that it takes 1-2 days. This is after hrs and I'm supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning since it had to be moved from this evening. So I'm kinda forced to use plaid. I just wish they had sent me all the docs and the link to pay a few days ago. This would have been seamless and I would have been able to do the wire transfer. :(

In addition to which I had moved the money needed to a trading account (not plaid linked) from where I can do the wire transfer. So I don't have enough liquid cash sitting in any one plaid linked bank account to make the down payment. I have enough money but it's spread out across diff banks. I'll have to link to 2 diff banks to pay the whole amount. But it looks like Tesla wants a full payment not a partial from diff accounts. :confused: So I have to wait till tomorrow morning to move money around into one account. I remember Elon telling Joe Rogan that getting a Tesla is supposed to be an amazing and joyful experience. It is, but whew I'm tired from the dozens of phone calls and being under the gun to get things done. I've literally been at this from early this morning asking them where my link to pay was and where the docs were etc etc. Anyway God willing everything will be paid for tomorrow morning and the delivery will go off seamlessly and I'll be able to be on my merry way after that. :)

One more question. It states that one can pay diff amounts from diff accounts. How do I do this?
I only get a prompt to login & pay from one bank. And since I don't have all the cash needed in one bank it won't accept it.
If I can pay from 2 accounts and set the amounts, then I'll be golden.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 10.26.52 PM.png

One more question. It states that one can pay diff amounts from diff accounts. How do I do this?
I only get a prompt to login & pay from one bank. And since I don't have all the cash needed in one bank it won't accept it.
If I can pay from 2 accounts and set the amounts, then I'll be golden.

View attachment 620339
It states that when you are ready to make the next payment, to repeat the payment process.

It states that when you are ready to make the next payment, to repeat the payment process.

Right. But it would not let me choose the amount I wanted to pay. Hence it kept saying you do not have enough funds in this account.
Either way I figured something out last night and made it work. So I'm good to go now. :) Thank you so much to everyone for your help. It is appreciated more than you know.

Okay so here is my update. Picked up today in Costa Mesa. As opposed to the whole wanting to take my time to enjoy this etc. It ended up being a very very rushed 'I was in, looked the car over super quickly, made sure there were no major defects' signed the paper work and flew out of there. Unlike a lot of you, I am on a very tight schedule. Was supposed to pick up last night, take it to the tinting shop (2B1 Tint), then it was going to the detailer (Xtreme Edge Professional Auto Detail) today to have the clear bra put on and to be ready for me to drive to Arizona day after tomorrow. With the whole delay in my paperwork and the wire transfer missing info yesterday, I only got to pick it up this afternoon. Hence the reason why I was rushing.

Having said that, when I picked it up, this car was pretty darn near perfect. It was gorgeous to be honest. However I had Allen the detailer look over it and he found 3 nit picky things. Like he said to most people you would not even notice these things. But he has such a trained eye. He noticed that the end of the bumper on the drivers side looked almost like a slightly different shade of white. He said it looked like they ran out of paint towards the end lol. It was barely visible. I will notate it for them to take care of. Also under the hood, he saw two marks (really small marks) one on either side, right near the parts which makes contact between the hood and the rest of the body. He also saw a realllllyyyyyy tiny scuff mark on the back left passenger door. Again so small most people would not even have noticed it. He said he will let me know if he sees anything else.

But honestly... Tesla has really reallyyyy upped their game with all these cars coming out flawlessly and during the end of the quarter massive rush too. I'm obviously going to be a fixture in this forum. But I have to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who responded to posts, to everyone who ever posted here with an update as to when they got their VIN, when they ordered. I know this really sounds like 'First world problems', But you have no idea how much of a support group this is for people like me who were actually stressed about getting a delivery before the end of the year. My reasons were tax related and for financial reasons. So it was not just a craving. Either way the amount of info shared on this forum, the help needed, esp last night when I needed wire transfer info ASAP and even Tesla didn't know it, people on here responded with the info lol.

So just a sincere heartfelt thank you to everyone. To those who are still waiting, please have faith. The people over a Tesla are working their tails off to get this stuff done. Thank you guys and gals. :)