Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Bank Tesla loan online banking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got a Model X and financed thru US Bank. I'm trying to create an online account at US Bank using my auto loan account number and last 4 of social but it says I need a checking/savings account first to register for online banking.

Anyone, here with US bank Tesla loan and without a US bank checking/savings account registered successfully to online banking?

Classic US Bank. This (my Model X auto loan) is my third Credit account with USBank. Last 2 were associated with a checking account so did not have any issue. I will try to register my new loan without a checking account, this weekend. Will let you know if I find a solution.

• Informative
Reactions: cartech
I recently got a Model X and financed thru US Bank. I'm trying to create an online account at US Bank using my auto loan account number and last 4 of social but it says I need a checking/savings account first to register for online banking.

Anyone, here with US bank Tesla loan and without a US bank checking/savings account registered successfully to online banking?

Yes, worked for me - didn't have any other accounts with them. Upset that they won't sell me GAP insurance! Has anyone had luck getting GAP insurance from US Bank or other channels with a US Bank Tesla loan??

Yes, worked for me - didn't have any other accounts with them. Upset that they won't sell me GAP insurance! Has anyone had luck getting GAP insurance from US Bank or other channels with a US Bank Tesla loan??

Interesting, did you get separate mail or something that you can enroll now? What all info did you need to enroll? I'm trying with loan number and last four of social. There is also option to enter 4 digit PIN which I don't have still.

GAP is much cheaper through your Auto insurance than it would be through a bank. They are just going to buy it for you and charge a middleman fee...

Reactions: travis010 and scsmx
GAP is much cheaper through your Auto insurance than it would be through a bank. They are just going to buy it for you and charge a middleman fee...

Sadly, I have Geico which doesn't offer it in California! And because of an injury accident my wife had a year ago, no one else will insure us for remotely close to Geico's rates, so it makes no sense to switch. Any stand-alone GAP insurance companies out there?

• Funny
Reactions: GayForEllon

Make sure you are going to usbank.com/enroll. Then make sure you click "Other account" and then installment loan. It'll ask for your account number, last 4 of social and your zip.

does your insurance company offer gap? progressive charges me $18 every 6 months for loan pay off protection, which i find is a better deal than the $350 every other bank charges you.