Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB in Glovebox Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where the USB plug in the glovebox in equipped Model Y connects to? I'm curious if it connects directly back to the MCU or if it connects to the USB hub in between. Anyone who has a new Model Y willing to trace the cable? :D

You mean tear apart the dashboard? Good luck with that! :eek::D

FWIW - The parts diagrams don't appear to have been updated yet showing the USB port in the glovebox. You can check here.

https://epc.tesla.com/
Yeah I’ve been checking epc for both the Model 3 and Model Y daily with no success. :( I’ll post in the thread if I see any changes though!

I’m hoping maybe removing the right side of the center console (the part you remove to access the air filter) may provide enough visibility to see where the wire leads. Otherwise, I doubt anyone would be willing to pull apart their dash.

Attachments

• model-y-usb-glove-box.jpg
    model-y-usb-glove-box.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,623
Reactions: alexcue
Not going to take apart the dash, but I can confirm that the port does work for Dashcam or USB music. It is an additional port (not a relocated port.). That is to say, there are still A and C ports in the usual place in the console.

Reactions: patnshan