Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB port location 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok…

So you know that part of the car behind the larger center console, closest to the arm rest that has the usb in it. Kind of like a mini center console (I don’t know what the experts call it)
It closes and opens by pushing what seems to be a magnet cover which opens and closes. When closed it’s flush.
When it’s open you can put your phone there it’s great.
But if it’s closed, anything you put there slides out and into the bottom of yhe larger center console because there is seemingly no actual back to that mini console section.

Does this make sense?
Design flaw?
Missing something?

Thanks

I do not believe your car is not missing anything, presuming the design is common to the center console in my mid-2016 "refresh" MS90D. When the hinged lid on the rear compartment is closed, there is no actual divider between the lower area and the large front storage area where the drink holder dividers are installed. While there were some minor changes during the later 2016 era to add the rear USB ports and rear cupholder, and then with the latest Pladium platform the rear display, the main front portion of the center console remained unchanged to my understanding.

Reactions: 100d