Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB stays on after car powered off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently discovered that my USB port and the cigarette lighter are still on even after the car is powered off. It just happened several weeks back so I suspect it is the software update.

I have an external dash cam plugged into the cigarette lighter port and I found that it is still running several hours after I powered off the car. Also, I started to use the Tesla built in dash cam recently and from the clips timestamp, even the internal dash cam is recording after car is off. It just never stops. I am sure the car is properly powered off. The doors are locked, the screen is off and the mirrors are folded.

Anyone has the same issue?

My rear USB ports are staying powered all the time , I have two usb small ambient light leds plugged in . Yesterday my phantom drain was 23 miles over 24 hours . I feel like it’s either the rear seat usb lights or my cigarette charger causing this , as it’s the only thing that has changed in my setup. Will u plug them and test it.

Do you have any update on this? I have noticed recently that my external dash cam, also plugged into the 12v outlet, also seems to continuously record all day long and overnight. I tried the front USB port and same thing.

Versello, for me it turned out to be the stats app. Once I deleted the app and changed my tesla password to decline the login ability of stats , my drain disappeared regardless of usb configuration . It’s now only 1.5 miles per day of drain consistently.

Versello, for me it turned out to be the stats app. Once I deleted the app and changed my tesla password to decline the login ability of stats , my drain disappeared regardless of usb configuration . It’s now only 1.5 miles per day of drain consistently.
Good call on that one.... I noticed my car hasn't been sleeping for hours on end.... just deleted the Stats app and Ill check to see if it starts sleeping properly again

My rear USB ports are staying powered all the time , I have two usb small ambient light leds plugged in . Yesterday my phantom drain was 23 miles over 24 hours . I feel like it’s either the rear seat usb lights or my cigarette charger causing this , as it’s the only thing that has changed in my setup. Will u plug them and test it.
I noticed the same. I have Model Y. All USB ports and 12V cigarettes ports are always ON
I even turn OFF car power (Security -> power OFF). Car shutdown everything. but the USB ports still run my USB ambient lights. Help please