Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model 3 long range is it worth the price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a 2022 long range model 3 for sale at 51k….18k miles. No accidents on the Carfax report. Wondering was it with the price?

Not to me, it isnt.

Thats too many miles on it to have been a "flipped" car. its a 2022 and someone put a lot of miles on it in what is basically less than a years time, then sold it. Perhaps they wanted to upgrade, etc, but its too many miles, in too short of time, for me.

I am stressing "for me"

I am also a person who would never (ever) pay very close to, or more than, "the price of new" for a used vehicle.

So.. "for me", no, but that doesnt mean I am "poo poo ing" it for someone else. You asked for an opinion, so the only thing I can put is whats right for me, not whats right for someone else.

Not to me, it isnt.

Thats too many miles on it to have been a "flipped" car. its a 2022 and someone put a lot of miles on it in what is basically less than a years time, then sold it. Perhaps they wanted to upgrade, etc, but its too many miles, in too short of time, for me.

I am stressing "for me"

I am also a person who would never (ever) pay very close to, or more than, "the price of new" for a used vehicle.

So.. "for me", no, but that doesnt mean I am "poo poo ing" it for someone else. You asked for an opinion, so the only thing I can put is whats right for me, not whats right for someone else.
Ditto! Run Forest! Run like the wind! - Forest Gump

Not to me, it isnt.

I am stressing "for me"

huh... isn't a Model 3 AWD around $58k new (plus sales tax) and currently they dont take orders anyway until 2023 ? $51k for a 2022 Model 3 AWD with under 20k miles isn't bad. still $7k cheaper than a new one you won't get until spring 2023...

huh... isn't a Model 3 AWD around $58k new (plus sales tax) and currently they dont take orders anyway until 2023 ? $51k for a 2022 Model 3 AWD with under 20k miles isn't bad. still $7k cheaper than a new one you won't get until spring 2023...

Perhaps for you its "not bad" but for me, a discount of "only" 7k for a car that was driven 18k miles in less than 12 months, then traded in for "unknown reasons' isnt for me.

Of course, I dont think ANY used car is a good deal right now, used tesla or otherwise.

Reactions: cdub and phishphan
Found a 2022 long range model 3 for sale at 51k….18k miles. No accidents on the Carfax report. Wondering was it with the price?

I would not buy. How bad do you want it?

Paid $39,990 for a new Sept 2021 SRP M3 and $50,990 for a new March 2022 LR M3. Honestly that is as much as I think I'll be ever willing to pay. Not sure what the market will look like in 8 years but there came a point when I said "No thanks" to BMW because of their prices...hopefully it won't happen too soon with Tesla. YMMV.

That's is well below the market value and is a great deal.
The only odd thing is that he could get way more from Carmax or Caravana.

That, and for people who think these cars shouldnt be supercharged all the time, the additional information provided means that this car was supercharged enough to put 18k miles on it in less than a year.

Its also pretty likely they didnt pay much attention to charge levels, because anyone who is going to a supercharge like a gas station is going to want to minimize that as much as possible, so likely will "fill up".

Reactions: BMWM3Man
That, and for people who think these cars shouldnt be supercharged all the time, the additional information provided means that this car was supercharged enough to put 18k miles on it in less than a year.

Its also pretty likely they didnt pay much attention to charge levels, because anyone who is going to a supercharge like a gas station is going to want to minimize that as much as possible, so likely will "fill up".
all depends on how long the next owner wants to drive it... i doubt supercharging to the max will show any significant battery wear before YEARS down the road. Model 3 has been around for over 4 yrs now - yet - battery failures are rare...

Reactions: jjrandorin
I'm not sure I see the worry in buying a one-year-old car with 18,000 miles on it. The AVERAGE number of miles people put on their cars in a year is 15,000, so 18K is not too far from that. On top of this, I don't know what else is included. FSD? NoA? New tires?
"I'll keep my Tesla forever and will robo-taxi it and the batteries are good for easy 300k miles" ... BUT ... "don't buy a one year old Model 3 with 18k miles!!!" aren't compatible... lol

I agree that knowing whether there were any other “additions” (like FSD) could make a big difference. But, especially given how it’s nearly impossible to get one of these until well into next year at this point, this looks like a decent deal, if you want one in the next year.

Thanks for everyone’s opinion. Had an issue with the title. Seems Tesla never sent the title to his bank and it’s been difficult sending a duplicate. It’s on the up and up. We went to his bank to confirm the issue. I have a new M3LR scheduled for December. Was trying to get one before the rates jump again

Thanks for everyone’s opinion. Had an issue with the title. Seems Tesla never sent the title to his bank and it’s been difficult sending a duplicate. It’s on the up and up. We went to his bank to confirm the issue. I have a new M3LR scheduled for December. Was trying to get one before the rates jump again
Oh, in that case, get your new M3LR in December and have peace of mind. Just my personal 2 cents :)

Reactions: OldPro