Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model 3s - Need Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that the used Model 3P market is a bit more reasonable, and I need a second car. I've narrowed it down to the following options:

1. 2019 Model 3 Stealth, black/black, AP, MPP coils, T-Sportline 20" new tires, MPP cambers, stock parts included, 30k miles, $55k.
2. 2020 Model 3 Performance, MSM but wrapped Nardo/black, AP, UP lip, diffuser, and spoiler, Eibach sway bars, 20" T-Sportline, 19k miles, $58k.
3. 2019 Model 3 Stealth, AP, blue/black, otherwise stock, 28k miles, $49k
4. 2021 Model 3 Performance, white/white, AP, stock, 28k miles, $56k
5. 2022 Model 3 Performance, white/black, AP, stock, 0 miles, $59k (new VIN, reservation from old pricing).
6. 2022 Model 3 Performance, black/white, FSD, stock, 26k miles, $61k

I am looking for a weekend car, to drive on the windy roads and enjoy driving. All prices, I need to pay 9.5% tax in CA.

I am leaning toward 3 or 6, since 3 I have some room from a budget perspective to tune it the way I want like MPP coils. On 6, seems decent given it has FSD. 5 is a strong contender, but I need to pay all sorts of fees since it's new.

Thoughts?

I am looking for a weekend car, to drive on the windy roads and enjoy driving. All prices, I need to pay 9.5% tax in CA.

I am leaning toward 3 or 6, since 3 I have some room from a budget perspective to tune it the way I want like MPP coils. On 6, seems decent given it has FSD.

These two statements are opposite each other. If you are buying the car as a "weekend car and enjoy driving", there is zero value (to you) for FSD.

#5. Nothing like starting from zero with a full warranty.
#3, if your budget is anything other than a small concern. All the used ones are close in mileage and this one is the least expensive, and the "stealth" will give you the best of both worlds. Least expensive to maintain (18s are cheaper than 20s) and all the performance.

Rule out #6, FSD is not worth the extra bucks and you want to drive, not just monitor it.

Another vote for #3, and a question. Does Tesla offer Acceleration Boost on this model?

No, they dont. Its a performance model 3, and there is no acceleration boost available on any performance model 3. Its the same 0-60 in 3.2 seconds specification as every other model 3 performance. The difference is brakes / rims / tires / spoiler.

I see that the used Model 3P market is a bit more reasonable, and I need a second car. I've narrowed it down to the following options:

1. 2019 Model 3 Stealth, black/black, AP, MPP coils, T-Sportline 20" new tires, MPP cambers, stock parts included, 30k miles, $55k.
2. 2020 Model 3 Performance, MSM but wrapped Nardo/black, AP, UP lip, diffuser, and spoiler, Eibach sway bars, 20" T-Sportline, 19k miles, $58k.
3. 2019 Model 3 Stealth, AP, blue/black, otherwise stock, 28k miles, $49k
4. 2021 Model 3 Performance, white/white, AP, stock, 28k miles, $56k
5. 2022 Model 3 Performance, white/black, AP, stock, 0 miles, $59k (new VIN, reservation from old pricing).
6. 2022 Model 3 Performance, black/white, FSD, stock, 26k miles, $61k

I am leaning toward 3 or 6, since 3 I have some room from a budget perspective to tune it the way I want like MPP coils. On 6, seems decent given it has FSD. 5 is a strong contender, but I need to pay all sorts of fees since it's new.

Thoughts?
Go new model 3 performance. 54k. take off 7.5k if you qualify for tax credit. So you would get a 2023 for 48 k. Whatever you decide, make sure it has new processor which is amd and the li ion 12 volt battery.