Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Prices/Valuations dipping?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for the hell of it, I threw my new MYP (400 miles) into Carvana to see what they would offer, and was shocked to see that they only came back with 62k...

It looks like the days of flipping for a profit might be over (and I locked mine in two or three price bumps ago).

Last edited:
So for the hell of it, I threw my new MYP (400 miles) into Carvana to see what they would offer, and was shocked to see that they only came back with 62k...

It looks like the days of flipping for a profit might be over (and I locked mine in two or three price bumps ago).
Wow that is a precipitous drop from just a few weeks ago. I put my MYP with ~1k miles into Carvana and Vroom at the beginning of August and they were in the 70-72k range. Crazy

Reactions: NJEV-Don

This is a fairly good idea of the used car market on the whole, which shows used car prices have dropped 1-3% (Tesla at -2.25%) on average over the last 30 days. I say this because while one particular offer from a place like Carvana may have dropped for one particular vehicle in one particular state, it doesn't represent the entire used car market in general. Overall the market is showing a slight dip but still very strong.

For another anecdotal data point, I put my 2020 M3LR in to Carvana on 7/18, and just did it again this weekend and on 7/18 Carvana was at 48.1k, and now they are at 46.4k, which is right in that 3% drop range. Of note, Driveway is still the best offer for me after trying vroom, carvana, and carmax... on 7/18 it was 54.4k and now it's 52k.

Doesn’t mean they are selling them.
724E9D48-B069-4CF7-81A3-C9AD6B2FB68A.jpeg

Here’s one in my neighborhood for sale that matches the 72k price around 30k miles. You really think this isn’t going to sell on Tesla.com? I see listings like this all the time here today gone shortly thereafter…

Reactions: whisperingshad

Just spec'ed a base MYP and the EDD is Sep-Oct 2022. If the wait is really only 1-2 months, no reason to pay a crazy premium for a slightly used MYP when I can get a new one directly from Tesla in less than 2 months. Probably one reason the resale value has dropped.

Even the regular LRs are going for 70k+ in calif on their site. Interesting it shows 0-60 as 4.2s on all of the LRs...
Demand and supply. They added the FSD so it has the 12k added on. Otherwise, it would be just 58k?

Of course, there is no reason for Tesla to lower the price on used cars when they know people are still willing to buy.