Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Used" Purchase fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I am ready to pull the trigger and purchase a used MS. I've been searching and saving for months and finally am ready to buy one. I've been going back and forth to calculate what payments would be and have tried searching but could not find an actual answer as to what the fees included in the price of the vehicle are in California. Is there a destination fee, registration, etc? Also, if anyone has suggestions as to what banks/credit unions (socal based) that would be greatly appreciated too. Can't wait to finally join the Tesla family once and for all!!

I got possession of my used MS 90D 3 weeks ago in northern California. Zero hassle process, You will pay registration fees $600 and sales tax based on the city you live in. You can ask delivery of financing related question to your delivery advisor or service advisors. These were 2 different people in my purchasing process.

If you're buying directly from Tesla (CPO) or used car dealership, they should provide you complete Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) with all the fees included, to get the car out of door. Registration will be one of them. Also would be good idea to check on car insurance options before you buy. Teslas may be quite expensive there.
I see you guys pay taxes on private car purchase in CA - that's a bit insane.