Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USED Vehicle From Tesla Experience.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Recently We got a Used Vehicle From Tesla About few weeks ago. As Soon We got the delivery. we noticed Quiet A few Issues. Right away we contacted Tesla Used Sales team and were told just note the issues in services section of tesla app upon taking delivery and they will fix the issues.

Some of the issues are even listed on there site which should be covered. Anyways as it is not up to so called Tesla Specs for a used Vehicle at least as per their site what I am reading.

Some of the Issues I have.

Missing Tow Plate Cover All together
Cracked Windshield Not just 1 inch but all the way across
Large Scratches in the back which are about 2-3 inch and some small dents on the side Which exceed there 0.5 Inch
Damaged to one of the tire on the Side Wall. (Unsafe to Drive)

There are quiet a few more. But these are the main one Which Tesla Should cover.

I have taken it to service and couple of times they did not perform any used vehicle inspection.

Third Time they claim to do the inspection but I was told they only did the mechanical inspection.

Now I contacted Used Vehicle Sales team and was told Service did performed cosmetic inspection (Nothing is noted in that invoice about any concern which I raised)

for the cosmetic concern inspection like windshield tire damage etc. But anyhow they state at this time they have denied the claim.

This was all noted on delivery and documented the same day with pictures in the app and notified to sales team.

My question is according to there own site some of these issues should be covered as it state vehicle can come up with

Painted Panels

• Scratches up to 1"
  • Dents up to 0.5"
  • Rock chips
Unpainted Panels or Exterior Trim

• Scratches up to 3"
Glass

• Rock chips up to 1"
  • Scratches
Wheels

• Rash up to 0.5"
Interior

• Signs of usage on upholstery and interior panels such as markings, discoloration, small tears or stains up to 1"
Any experience of any other user with this ? Also what is the next step you guys think I can take ?

By the way same Service department also Noted in the invoice they performed FSD upgrade which they did not do I had to call Tesla Mobile Service to come out. Also they charged me for a Infotainment & Radio upgrade which I asked for. I am aware of the $2000 it cost which is fine.

However Guess what Tesla service did not forget to charge me for the radio upgrade and note on the invoice it was done. But When I came home Neither the FSD or the Radio upgrade was done.

So I have to go back for those Issues anyways. This was at Dublin Service center in California

Thank you!

I had a pretty terrible experience buying used from Tesla. The rule of thumb is to not accept delivery (especially with a cracked windshield!!) as they take forever and lots of pulling hair/teeth to actually correct issues. Definitely be the squeaky wheel; if you stop asking for it, they won't fix it for you. But be prepared to not get the car- they have a "take it or leave it" policy with used now, but sometimes "leave it" is the correct choice. That cracked windshield is going to be expensive to fix.

Why did you pay for an MCU upgrade on a car with a broken windshield and undrivable tires?

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I had the car delivered to my house. Before we accepted delivery called the Delivery Center/ Sales people, They were pretty much like Just take picture and sorry for the trouble and will take care of it and notated the account. However here I am..

Yes, Did pay for the MCU that got upgraded which went well but they missed few other items like radio upgrade and FSD.. So now going to different SC.

I guess next time when buying won't accept delivery if it has issues.