Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy for iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20180729-130900.png
Hi, all, I noticed an anomaly in my battery temp monitor. When you look at temps per module, in my case, one of the modules has higher inlet temp and lower outlet temp, which doesn't make sense. Then I searched the Internet and found some of the screenshots show the similar pattern - one of the module has higher inlet.

What are your experiences?

Just to ensure I am purchasing the correct items, in my 2016 Model S, I plan to purchase the following items:
Is this all I need? I am already signed up as a beta tester for TM Spy.

Thank you in advance!!
Yeah that's correct. The default cable length is 1m so it's a bit difficult to stow the whole stuff inside the under cubby space. I was able to by putting the OBD2 transmitter into the deepest part of the space then carefully fold flat cables two times and stow them below.

You could order shorter cable but it didn't work in my case - he just sent me a 1m cable.

Another thing to note is that there is another app called Scan My Tesla and it requires Bluetooth adapter with traditional protocol - to your LELink can only speak BTLE protocol so it won't work with Scan My Tesla.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D497PVF/
I'm using this adapter whose review doesn't seem to be great... this worked for both apps though. I purchased LELink 2 and it worked with TM-Spy perfectly but not Scan My Tesla. I also purchased OBDLink LX and though it worked with both apps, after a few days it stops to communicate and I had to take the cable out and power off-on to resume. So I don't recommend OBDLink LX for now.

Yeah that's correct. The default cable length is 1m so it's a bit difficult to stow the whole stuff inside the under cubby space. I was able to by putting the OBD2 transmitter into the deepest part of the space then carefully fold flat cables two times and stow them below.

You could order shorter cable but it didn't work in my case - he just sent me a 1m cable.

Another thing to note is that there is another app called Scan My Tesla and it requires Bluetooth adapter with traditional protocol - to your LELink can only speak BTLE protocol so it won't work with Scan My Tesla.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D497PVF/
I'm using this adapter whose review doesn't seem to be great... this worked for both apps though. I purchased LELink 2 and it worked with TM-Spy perfectly but not Scan My Tesla. I also purchased OBDLink LX and though it worked with both apps, after a few days it stops to communicate and I had to take the cable out and power off-on to resume. So I don't recommend OBDLink LX for now.

I bought the cable and lelink but don’t have the app. Sent an email but didn’t receive anything. Can anyone send me the link to the app please? My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
Is there any differences between using the LELink versus the LELink 2? The description says they both have a user configurable auto on/off ZERO power standby mode. The LELink 2 appears to have a "Turbo mode: fast refresh rate", but in the description section the LELink says it has "Fast refresh rate", so I'm not sure what's exactly different.

No problem. I ordered one as well along with the LELink 2. Does anyone know if interfacing with the CAN bus is read only? With the LELink 2 being Bluetooth LE, there's no pairing process so anyone can essentially connect to it. I was planning on keeping it installed in the car but that might not be the smartest option if you can send commands via the CAN bus.

Unrelated question, does TM-Spy show you the original battery capacity and what it's currently at? If it's just the latter, what is the capacity of the 85 kWh battery new?

Reactions: hiroshiy
Please help I’m devastated. Been trying to use this app for months now.

I am in Turkey and finally managed to get a hold of the disgnostics to obdii adapter during a trip to the US for NYE.

I bought a bluetooth elm327 obd2 adapter here and turns out it is for Android only. Today I bought a wifi obd2 hoping this will finally be it.

I connect to the obd2 adapter ssid, change the IP to manual and write addresses. TM-Spy says Wifi nc in yellow. I go to settings, register current ssid as an obd2 adapter. When I click done it says Config ELM00 and it crashes out of the app. Please tell me it is not something to do with the adapter.