Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Your Voice to Send "Note" and "Report" To Tesla About Your X from Driver's Seat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The night after I received my X exactly 3 months ago, I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, sitting inside listening to classical music while skimming most of the owner's manual to learn how to use it after waiting 4 long years.

I missed this awesome voice command buried on page 38 of the 189 page manual:

"
Note: You can also use voice commands to
provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note",
"Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed
by your brief comments. Model X takes a
snapshot of its systems, including screen
captures of the touchscreen and instrument
panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes
and uses them to continue improving Model X.
"

My first use of this feature was to request that we have the ability to store more than 11 non-home or work Favorite Destinations. It would be easy to add in the firmware, since a scrolling list of weeks of Recent Destinations has already been implemented.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my first 5,400+ Xcellent miles, and can't wait to see what the next months and years of firmware upgrades will bring!

The night after I received my X exactly 3 months ago, I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, sitting inside listening to classical music while skimming most of the owner's manual to learn how to use it after waiting 4 long years.

I missed this awesome voice command buried on page 38 of the 189 page manual:

"
Note: You can also use voice commands to
provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note",
"Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed
by your brief comments. Model X takes a
snapshot of its systems, including screen
captures of the touchscreen and instrument
panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes
and uses them to continue improving Model X.
"

My first use of this feature was to request that we have the ability to store more than 11 non-home or work Favorite Destinations. It would be easy to add in the firmware, since a scrolling list of weeks of Recent Destinations has already been implemented.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my first 5,400+ Xcellent miles, and can't wait to see what the next months and years of firmware upgrades will bring!

Mind blown! Great find! This is just another reason why I love TM so much. Why are SCs not publicizing this?? Talk about not taking advantage of a tight feedback loop! Can't wait to send some reports ..already have 3 in mind :)

Mind blown! Great find! This is just another reason why I love TM so much. Why are SCs not publicizing this?? Talk about not taking advantage of a tight feedback loop! Can't wait to send some reports ..already have 3 in mind :)

It sure is a tight feedback loop! My Nav enhancement request is in yesterday's firmware update!! About 3 weeks after my request via "report" voice input inside my X asking for a scrollable list of more than 11 "Favorite" locations besides "Home" and "Work".

Viola!! It has been implemented!!! Sat. I added a bunch of extra "Favorite" destinations to see if there is any limit. I hope it's implemented as a linked-list of nodes so there is no upper bound. I really need many "Favorite" places to save property tours for our real estate clients, in additional to numerous other destinations we frequently visit.

Now that they've implemented this, next I'll ask to see if they can add the classic Math Sci "travelling salesman" algorithm to find the shortest path that visits X (pun intended) places.

Tesla is awesome in my book. (I know I'm speaking to the choir here.) NO OTHER car manufacturer in history has been so responsive to its customers suggestions and feedback, IMHO.

• Love
Reactions: ModelX and GSP