Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, all. First time posting. Ordered a CPO S P85+ and am now playing the waiting game. Just wanted to introduce myself and keep up with my fellow Utahns :)

Congrats! I'm a fellow local P85+ owner in Park City, happy to see another one on the roads! What specs did you get? VIN?

Also on a side note: Model 3 seen in Utah!
Tesla Model 3 spotted in Salt Lake City, Utah. Sent by a friend of a friend, but think it's at Tesla store on corner of State St and East Truman. • r/teslamotors

hey guys.

In Kimball Junction there are 3 free tesla destination chargers behind the state liquor store. There's also a free level 2 charger at smith's grocery and another free level 2 charger near my work, red rock brewery. I was looking forward to meeting, but work is trying to rope me in for this saturday morning. I will try to make it, but unfortunately i can't commit at this point. I will update if this changes tho

Let's make a simple roll call here if you can make it tomorrow. Be aware the 3 Destination Chargers at SMSC are often iced due to their placement, so no promises if those spots are available. It was the tradeoff for getting them put in, they each are 80 amp charging, but to get that we had to use prime spots... C'est la vie.

I can make it tomorrow to Kimball if we are going to meet at 9:30 (so early Ugg)

/edit. Also just talked to the owner at Silver Mountain. He said they sell coffee and what not. As we will be using his chargers (and parking spots) I think it's only fair we make an effort to buy the coffee from his place as a show of support. I believe it's Park City Coffee Roasters coffee.

Last edited:
Didn't see any advertising about it, but the mobile design studio is set up at the Kimball Art Center in Park City. Looks like the same one blocking all the Superchargers in Jackson Hole awhile back.
IMG_1966.jpg

Update on the above post. I stopped in today and asked about it. They said they will be there for most of the day over the next few days talking doing the design studio thing. You can stop in and sign up for a local test drive etc... I forget when the lady at the Kimball said they are leaving, but they will be around for the next few days for sure.

They are doing a talk on Tuesday also: Art Talk: Tesla & The Future of Driving - Kimball Art Center.

Perhaps some local owners should show up and show some support? I've also been trying to get the Kimball to install destination chargers, they said they are working on it kinda, but not much traction. Funny too as I know there are several board members of the center that own Tesla's. They said they might be moving at some point. I said "just take them with you, or leave them and get more installed at the new location!"

Reactions: ModelX
Update on the above post. I stopped in today and asked about it. They said they will be there for most of the day over the next few days talking doing the design studio thing. You can stop in and sign up for a local test drive etc... I forget when the lady at the Kimball said they are leaving, but they will be around for the next few days for sure.

They are doing a talk on Tuesday also: Art Talk: Tesla & The Future of Driving - Kimball Art Center.

Perhaps some local owners should show up and show some support? I've also been trying to get the Kimball to install destination chargers, they said they are working on it kinda, but not much traction. Funny too as I know there are several board members of the center that own Tesla's. They said they might be moving at some point. I said "just take them with you, or leave them and get more installed at the new location!"

Darn. Wish I had heard about that sooner. When they say "but they will be around for the next few days for sure" does that extend to this Friday? I'll be in Park City that afternoon. Thanks!

They will be around until I believe the 27th.

The Art talk wasn't really much of a art talk, it was more your generic run down of the history of Tesla and about Tesla cars & Energy products. Actually looking back, they didn't mention art at all.

Some good questions from the audience, I'd guess about 25 people showed up. I think I was the only owner there, but my car is getting red calipers done down in SLC so I was in the Subi. Most of the SLC store staff was there in attendance.
Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 7.37.46 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KJD and Patrick W