Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Best UI feature, rendered useless within seconds.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am talking about how we can zoom, scroll, turn out of the car avatar view.

I was trying it this morning, zooming it all out and it was awesome it detected cars around me that the default view didn't pick up. AWESOME!!!

Then it reverts back to the default view..

" After a short period of inactivity, the visualization will return back to the default position."

WTF WHY?!!! /rage

I was trying it this morning, zooming it all out and it was awesome it detected cars around me that the default view didn't pick up. AWESOME!!!

" After a short period of inactivity, the visualization will return back to the default position."

WTF WHY?!!! /rage
i don't know what the benefit of the tilt/zoom in that view is for anyway. if it gave a true 360 of the car so you could do something useful like avoid curbs, tow a trailer, etc., then i would get it.

WTF WHY?!!! /rage
Idea for fixing this: use your eyes and look out the windows to “detect the cars around you”.

About the bug report function, I talked to a Tesla tech who explained to me that the bug report basically just sets a flag in the data stream so that if you have a recurring technical problem it makes it easier for a technician to precisely locate the time and date of the occurrence. I don't think it serves as a general suggestion or complaint forum.

i don't know what the benefit of the tilt/zoom in that view is for anyway. if it gave a true 360 of the car so you could do something useful like avoid curbs, tow a trailer, etc., then i would get it.

I have driven cars that use multiple cameras to stitch together an overhead view of your car and everything nearby, in real time. Is there anything like that for the M3?

I have driven cars that use multiple cameras to stitch together an overhead view of your car and everything nearby, in real time. Is there anything like that for the M3?

Usually such cars have very low mounted fisheye cameras in the bumpers to be able to see "below" the car

The Tesla cameras can't do that due to the type and position and their intended use for driving (the fronts for example can't see below the hood line)

The only good use case for this feature is to repeatedly "pinch to zoom out" until the car visualization is only a few pixels wide, and then say to yourself out loud "What is this? A visualization for ants? It needs to be at least... three times bigger." Then you let the visualization reset and never use it again.

• Funny
Reactions: justsomeguy