Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.1 [Release notes same as previous V10 versions]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been on V10 for almost two weeks. I had a new issue yesterday where my phone proximity would not unlock the car. On one trip, I used the card on the door pillar and all was fine. But on the next trip, I opened the car by tapping on the Open icon inside the Tesla app, but it would not recognize the phone inside the car to start it. I tried to use the card inside the car, but still no luck. I had to exit the car and use the card on the pillar to 'start' the car.

I did a scroll wheel reset and all has been fine. I then got the update this morning to 12.1. I was assuming this was a lot of bug fixes.

I'm not one to generally ask about disagrees on this forum, but why did you disagree with this @MasterT ? It's an objective fact that this is a feature of V10. Here's an article about it: Tesla Autopilot exhibits extra-defensive behavior while overtaking large trucks
I certainly can't speak for others on here, but sometimes when I disagree with a post, it is simply because my experience in the car has been different that what a poster quoted, and not disagreeing because I think they are wrong. As such, I don't even look at those tags and some people seem to get upset for no reason when a person disagrees with them :)

Reactions: PACEMD
Some folks on Reddit alleging Smart Summon is better, but hard to say without thorough testing.

Because of something that one of my friends did, I'm starting to think that "Smart Summon" means that the DRIVER has to be smart to use it, rather than the fact that the summon is smart. :rolleyes:

Why, you ask? He told me he was in Texas and wanted to see what would happen if he summoned the car in California :eek:
I told him I think it is just a Little father than 200 feet, and the same thing will happen if he summons his wife from that distance. it will ignore you ! :D

I certainly can't speak for others on here, but sometimes when I disagree with a post, it is simply because my experience in the car has been different that what a poster quoted, and not disagreeing because I think they are wrong. As such, I don't even look at those tags and some people seem to get upset for no reason when a person disagrees with them :)

This is very disagreeable.........

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
wow, just updated to 12.1 yesterday, and 12.2 is now downloading. It's not a tiny one, either.

But the reboot, doing the 2 finger salute and then sitting with [gasp] no entertainment, car power off with airplane mode on the phone is {whine} boering. Just kidding. Don't neglect that step, call it superstition, or checking I/O, or calibrating the system, it seems to "clear the pipes" on some issues, so what da heck.

Last edited:
I dunno, Man, this mofo be kinda squirrely, know what I'm sayin? Feels different, like I'm gliding on marbles. Oh, wait, I had to add 4 PSI air in each tire, I was down to 41, maybe that why :cool:. And the M3 sure is quieter when you don't keep the back seats down all the time.

Kidding aside, there IS a different feel to 32.12, it's not as lane-centered as late V9 either.

It was hilarious at the gas station, all these big ICE-o-saurs pulling up to suck at the petrol, and I'm like "just a little air, please". Friday night. Can you IMAGINE how much precious petroleum is dispensed on a Friday night, and then just ... combusted?

Last edited:
I'm in the process of updating to the newest software. I just wanted to see if anyone else that was on 2019.32.11.1 noticed that they have significantly less regenerative braking than the previous iteration? I usually hardly touch the brake pedal at all until I am less than a couple of MPH/KPH but lately I've had to use it all the time. Maybe it's the slightly colder weather but it is a significant change.
I absolitely noticed this as well and I'm in the warm south. But that was 3 versions ago 2 days ago...lol Haven't driven it since the 2 new updates in the last 18 hours here

On the regen braking, you sure the car isn't charged more? The more charged the car, the less room in the battery for storing the regenerated energy. If you're over 90% charged you hardly get any regen braking at all. I had the car charged all the way up as Tesla advised with the deliberate power shutoffs in Northern California, and now as it's getting down from 255 to 220 displayed range, I'm getting normal regeneration again. I don't see a difference from previous versions.

• Helpful
Reactions: Timmy T.