Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 Actual Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....So...what happens if you've selected Autosteer (NOT FSD Beta) in the Autopilot settings and then engaged Autopilot? Is it using the old freeway software stack (like it would have for FSD Beta 10.x), or the same, new single stack that handles all the driving if I selected FSD in the Autopilot settings?....
You will be running the standard legacy AP stack software. Not selecting FSD Beta is the same as if you "removed" the FSD Beta stack. So same as people who don't have FSD Beta.

It does appear that 11.3.6 fixes one lane choice problem (or maybe there was a silent map update) near the Scotts Valley supercharger. It no longer tries to get into the right-turn-only lane at the previous traffic light and go straight through it into the bus stop.

It also doesn't seem to be having as much trouble with bus stops in general.

FSD tried to kill me yesterday. Heading East on i90 out of Seattle, in the right lane, got to the Mercer Island exit, which it wasn't supposed to take (the green number 6 in the image below), - for some reason the car got confused about how to stay on the highway, and got somewhat in-between exiting and staying on, and nearly crashed somewhere in the between, before I yanked the yoke to take over and at that point had to take the exit as it was far too dangerous to get back on the highway. That's never, ever happened on AutoPilot, so what on earth?!

@jebinc @Muzzman1

View attachment 928083
An update on this exit. So very bizarre. Yesterday, I had FSD enabled and drove this same route, and the car stayed on the highway and did not try/fail to take the exit, with no car right in front of me. All working.

TODAY, however, I took the same route with FSD enabled, there was a car in front of me that did take the exit, my car signaled right, and took the exit, too! On the screen it said "changing lane to follow route" (rough wording). I recorded it using Dashcam, but it's obviously not that interesting. Really annoying. Any ideas why this would happen?

An update on this exit. So very bizarre. Yesterday, I had FSD enabled and drove this same route, and the car stayed on the highway and did not try/fail to take the exit, with no car right in front of me. All working.

TODAY, however, I took the same route with FSD enabled, there was a car in front of me that did take the exit, my car signaled right, and took the exit, too! On the screen it said "changing lane to follow route" (rough wording). I recorded it using Dashcam, but it's obviously not that interesting. Really annoying. Any ideas why this would happen?
None here.

New-to-me 2020 FSD 11.4.9 - raining steadily this morning and the car said, “FSD may be degraded because of weather” [or something to that effect] and shortly thereafter ended, along with the almost comical, “Autopilot ended, What happened ?”

I continue to think of something being developed in sunny SoCal and being used in rainy mid-Atlantic.

So much military history is filled with forces encountering, and sometimes defeated, by weather for which they were ill prepared.

Reactions: Thp3