Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 upgrade on Raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boza

2021 Model S LR+
Sep 24, 2021
Usa
Just got a notice for 2021.44.25.2 upgrade. Reading the reviews and watching the videos I am starting to have second thoughts. Can someone, who already upgraded, confirm/deny below things that are deal breakers for me:
- Can you pull the seat heaters to the app launch?
- Can you have front and rear defrosters to the app launch?
- Can you control the SoC (percentage or distance) in the charging menu?
- Can you see Superchargers around? With or without a trip?
- Do you have the kWh/mi numbers on the Energy widget in the Instrument Cluster?
Do you regret the update? If not - what are the big things you are missing?

Thank you!

Lots of people have reported no. You need to do that on your phone. That would be fine most of the time but sometimes the phone would take a long time to connect to the car.
I park in an underground garage with no Internet access - it is probably a common use case in urban environment. If there is no UI ability to adjust SoC then I will stay on V10. Thanks!

Ok, just confirmed two points:
- The cold weather update removes the easy access to seat heaters and defrosters. Now they are two clicks deep.
- The numbers on the energy widget are removed (again).

with the new update, I have observed while supercharging, information that used to be associated with charging screen is gone.....it is on the front dash screen....I wish it would have been left on the charging screen..now we just get the control panel and unable to change anything

Interesting! Do you mean the widget that shows on the screen when you plug in?
Not in the car at present but when I was last in it after reading comments about not being able to alter the SoC from the vertical screen I pressed charging and the screen (card) appeared with a slider arrow under the battery symbol. I could then change the SoC using this slider. Note that the change SoC and “done“ buttons are no longer present but just moving the slider works. Next time I’m in the car I’ll try to take a screen shot. The car was not charging or plugged in at the time.

Reactions: Boza
I park in an underground garage with no Internet access - it is probably a common use case in urban environment. If there is no UI ability to adjust SoC then I will stay on V10. Thanks!
I was able to restore the SoC slider with a two thumbwheel reboot. My cars charging avatar wasn't visible immediately after the V11 update until the reboot. All I saw at the top was the Unlock Charge Port button. I didn't try scrolling up so that may have fixed it also.

Attachments

• PXL_20211229_212904361.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211229_212904361.MP.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Boza
If you tap just above the temperature display on the main toolbar, seat heaters and coolers with infinite adjustment comes up, and defrosters front and rear. Better than before, I think.
My issue is the two taps. Especially with the front defroster where you need 2 taps to begin with - which make it 3 taps. Easily 200ft on the highway.
I know that it is a personal thing but I use the car for transportation only and could care less for games and other things that could be used only when the car is stationary. It is OK for them to be a few clicks deep; things that are directly related to driving I need to be one click away. If I want to play games or watch a movie I have a much better option than sitting in the car :)
Is it possible to move those icons to the app launch bar?

I don't think they can be moved there. Use voice control to control the seat heaters. One touch for it all, and your eyes don't leave the road. Do you need the voice commands? I'll need to look them up tomorrow.
Voice commands are way less accurate and cannot be used all the time, e.g. when I am on a call while driving.
While annoying, the seat heaters are something I could live with. The major issue is the defrosters. I use the front defroster a lot during the winter.

Reactions: DerbyDave