Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V4.1 (1.19.31) - What does it do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the release notes for V4.1 appear to be identical to V4.0, I'd like to start a thread to find out what people are seeing as DIFFERENT from V4.0. And, if Tesla is listening, PLEASE post a list of bug fixes/changes From the previous release, ala most Linux SW app updates... What are we supposed to see as different between V4.0 and V4.1. Getting a running list of releases and fixes in those releases seems like an excellent doc to deliver to your Model S community!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be the first to respond to this thread! I haven't had a "windshield washer fluid low" indication since I installed 4.1 3 days ago! I AM still getting the "low tire pressure" indication that goes away shortly after I start moving. Haven't noticed any other change yet!

v4.1 tweaks the 12v battery maintenance to eliminate those 12v system/battery failures we were seeing in early versions. 1.19.31 fixes a problem in the earlier versions (.27 and .29) in which the car would refuse to charge in some circumstances without a load on the 12v system.

When your car is cold the pressures drop, but they warm up when you drive. It is possible that one of your tires is right on the threshold when cold.

FYI the threshold for the TPMS can be adjusted by the same tool that synchronizes the wheel sensors with the car. It is set differently depending on whether you have summer or winter wheels installed. So any warning might be more related to how the TPMS was set up than the firmware version.

- - - Updated - - -

v4.1 tweaks the 12v battery maintenance to eliminate those 12v system/battery failures we were seeing in early versions. 1.19.31 fixes a problem in the earlier versions (.27 and .29) in which the car would refuse to charge in some circumstances without a load on the 12v system.

Makes me wonder why my car still has .29. You would think they would roll out .31 to everyone with .27 or .29.

When your car is cold the pressures drop, but they warm up when you drive. It is possible that one of your tires is right on the threshold when cold.

FYI the threshold for the TPMS can be adjusted by the same tool that synchronizes the wheel sensors with the car. It is set differently depending on whether you have summer or winter wheels installed. So any warning might be more related to how the TPMS was set up than the firmware version.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me wonder why my car still has .29. You would think they would roll out .31 to everyone with .27 or .29.

I was thinking about this yesterday actually, I assume the updates are sequential...

What if for some reason your car missed out on .31? Are you blocked for all subsequent updates? Does the car know it missed an update?

Personally I would like a "storage" mode for the car that downloads and installs all updates that the car receives immediately. This way I know when it comes out of storage it is totally up to date...

I'm still on .29 as well. Maybe .31 was only sent to people experiencing a certain problem or log event.

One thing I noticed with 4.1 is the backup camera view now drops down when the homelink is selected (or automatically engages based upon location). I'm not sure I really like the implementation (My Model S garage is first on my list so the obstructed button list was never a problem for me). The new implementation messes up the top screen/bottom screen symmetry since in now dims the whole screen and covers part of the bottom area...