Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V8.0 Autopilot Lane Change Cutting Off Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody uses their blinkers in So Cal, it gives everyone a notice to close the gap and block you from changing lanes. This sounds like a joke, but unfortunately, it's not.
Also, if you use your indicator, the car behind you gets the idea that they should change lanes too. They do it faster than AP-- that's ok. But that is SoCal, indicator means: close the gap or give an idea to change lanes to anyone around you, especially behind you.

The saving grace of AP, is allows you, the driver, to observe traffic behavior, see events happening further down the road. My own observation is that driving behavior is irrational at best, always passing on the right, speeding up, only to exit a mile or two later. Waste of gas, time, energy, and increased accident risk all for no reason.

I just drove 1500 miles to AZ from SF Bay area, and engaged AP lane change on purpose dozens of times, right when next to a truck or car in the slow lane. My car proceeded ahead until safe and then changed to right lane. You can see the adjacent vehicle in the blindspot, right over the signal indicator on IC. It was a dream, mostly foot free driving a lot of the way.

Reactions: EVie'sDad