Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Dash Cam Footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else thinks the daytime clips look like one of the 60's TV show? Like the color of the original Batman shows... with the yellow'ish tint. But the nighttime clips are really sharp.

Yes, that's what I'm seeing. Pretty bad in my opinion. Lot's of pixelation/compression.

4:3 isn't the issue.

I have not tried nighttime yet.

I'm trying another USB Flash Drive to see if it helps.

Curious how this works ... is it always recording and I can only download the last 10 minutes?

Also ... it ooks like the recordings can be paused. I noticed the camera icon didn't have the red dot until I tapped on it. Tapping it again caused the red dot to disappear (paused?)

Curious how this works ... is it always recording and I can only download the last 10 minutes?

Also ... it ooks like the recordings can be paused. I noticed the camera icon didn't have the red dot until I tapped on it. Tapping it again caused the red dot to disappear (paused?)

IIRC it's recording 1 minute clips, and overwrites clips after 1 hour so you always have the most recent hour available... if you hit the thing to save the last 10 minutes it'll rename that footage and thus not overwrite it.

IIRC it's recording 1 minute clips, and overwrites clips after 1 hour so you always have the most recent hour available... if you hit the thing to save the last 10 minutes it'll rename that footage and thus not overwrite it.

Got it ... did I get this correct?
  • At any point in time, I have 10 recordings (1 minute each) from the last 10 minutes.
  • Unless I hit save, in which case the recordings until that point are saved and a new 10 minute window starts.
I'm also assuming the recording is only when the car is in motion. Would've been cool to have it when parked as well :)

Got it ... did I get this correct?
  • At any point in time, I have 10 recordings (1 minute each) from the last 10 minutes.
  • Unless I hit save, in which case the recordings until that point are saved and a new 10 minute window starts.
I'm also assuming the recording is only when the car is in motion. Would've been cool to have it when parked as well :)

You should have 60 recordings, from the last 60 minutes (assuming it's been on at least 60 total minutes)

It's constantly overwriting the oldest one every added minute.

If you hit save it "saves" the 10 most recent minutes and those files won't be overwritten, you'll still have the constantly churning 60 minute buffer going.

You should have 60 recordings, from the last 60 minutes (assuming it's been on at least 60 total minutes)

It's constantly overwriting the oldest one every added minute.

If you hit save it "saves" the 10 most recent minutes and those files won't be overwritten, you'll still have the constantly churning 60 minute buffer going.

Ah!!!! I get it now ... thanks.

Does this include when the car is parked as well?

Ah!!!! I get it now ... thanks.

Does this include when the car is parked as well?

Currently it's only running when the car is "on"... so once you leave/lock the thing and it goes to sleep it wouldn't be recording.

Folks speculate a future update may allow at least some user-controlled recording... (and Elon mentioned it would for-sure activate if the car senses a collision even when parked)

Just got mine up an running. It appears to record 1 minutes clips in a continuous cycle. When you push the "button" to save the most recent 10 files name changes from recent-front-(date,time) to saved-front-(date,time). I don't know if it will write over those files but assume not. My file timestamped are off by 6 hours. Anyone else having that issue? Appears to be in GMT time.

Just got mine up an running. It appears to record 1 minutes clips in a continuous cycle. When you push the "button" to save the most recent 10 files name changes from recent-front-(date,time) to saved-front-(date,time). I don't know if it will write over those files but assume not. My file timestamped are off by 6 hours. Anyone else having that issue? Appears to be in GMT time.

On mine, the modified date appear to be GMT, however, the file name for the clip does have the local time.