Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 finally going international? ... 2018.40 spotted in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 more AP2's got .44 today in Bern and Luzern ... should soon be on general release, I presume:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 13.58.41.png

Strangely a lot of tff-forum users, reporting a notification of an update tonight but nothing in car nor app. I got a notification too, opened the app, nothing. Went to the car, nothing.
But, there are some cars on teslafi and ev-fw reporting 2018.46.1 and all but 1 are cars in either Austria or Switzerland.

So maybe a cancelled and withdrawn update. One user reported SeC told him it is a failed update and it gets pushed again this night...

I have to catch a flight tomorrow at 7 in the morning, meaning that I will be leaving home at around 5 AM. You can all rejoice. The update will most certainly show up just around the time I can no longer install it before I leave to the airport ;)

An of course, when I get back Sunday evening, it will be withdrawn again :(

• Funny
Reactions: OPRCE
I have to catch a flight tomorrow at 7 in the morning, meaning that I will be leaving home at around 5 AM. You can all rejoice. The update will most certainly show up just around the time I can no longer install it before I leave to the airport ;)

An of course, when I get back Sunday evening, it will be withdrawn again :(
Well your travel arrangements seem to be too much of a coincidence ;-) but hey they work!!!

Just got a notification for both vehicles a few moments ago and they’re currently updating. I’ll post back when I’ve been able 2 drive a bit...

Well, looks like V9 is finally on wide release in CH & AT, in the form of .46.2
Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 14.49.56.png

Just got the update notification and am installing right now ...

Confirmed: 2018.46.2 3b2a5c3

Yeeees! Time for that joyride!

Last edited:
*Confirmed: 2018.46.2 8f8dc1b

PS: Having HW v2.5 I can confirm that the Dashcam feature is included here, with this "Note: You are responsible for complying with all local laws, regulations and property restrictions regarding video recordings when using Dashcam"

This one-liner is apparently what the 8-week hold-up was about!

First impressions: driving with AP is greatly improved over 36.2, very smooth acceleration/regen ramp and lane changing seems highly assured. On curves it seems to hold more to the inside as opposed to previously maintaining the centre, also a nice improvement. Instrument cluster visualisation of passing vehicles is now smooth, not jumping about and crashing into own car.

Overall an excellent improvement, as long as you don't care about the user interface :D

*Confirmed: 2018.46.2 8f8dc1b
PS: Having HW v2.5 I can confirm that the Dashcam feature is included here, with this "Note: You are responsible for complying with all local laws, regulations and property restrictions regarding video recordings when using Dashcam"

This one-liner is apparently what the 8-week hold-up was about!

It probably took 1 minute to code and 7 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes to wait for a "legal counsel" from some overly-paid lawyers in Zurich.