Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 finally going international? ... 2018.40 spotted in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering the same thing each and every day!

I thought 2018.44 would be the one.

It would be nice to at least have an explanation for whatever is blocking deployment here. If it is indeed because of the new dashcam functionality, how hard can it be to temporarily disable it for Swiss cars? (By the way, I asked around and was told that no laws prohibit the personal use of dashcams here in Switzerland).

Wondering the same thing each and every day!

I thought 2018.44 would be the one.

It would be nice to at least have an explanation for whatever is blocking deployment here. If it is indeed because of the new dashcam functionality, how hard can it be to temporarily disable it for Swiss cars? (By the way, I asked around and was told that no laws prohibit the personal use of dashcams here in Switzerland).
This is correct ! No laws prohibit the use of personal dashcams in Switzerland !

From Teslafi this morning it looks like .44 is going out to just about every place else except CH or AT, where cars are still updating to 36.2

Spoke to Tesla Service today about scheduling a service but could not tickle any information on the reason for this delay out of my interlocutor. I did run the dashcam theory by him, but it raised no hint of recognition.

Maybe it's time to reset expectations on the New Year? :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.56.22.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.56.22.png
    425.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I don't think it's the dashcam. Has to be something else, like Tesla uploading more data / info from the car than before or something like that.

That data, according to Tesla, was always supposed to be filtered to remove any identifying information. But maybe CH/AT authorities are now insisting on more insight into this process to ensure that it is and remains the case.

There‘s hope for Switzerland. An X P100D got v9 an hour ago as for TeslaFi.

Hmmn, I got an email from Tesla Service yesterday confirming that v9 has been blocked until further notice in Switzerland, so cannot be too optimistic it is imminent.

At the rate things are going, if that X P100D you noticed is an early test for a wider .44.x release, I would guess it might actually happen in about 2 weeks, i.e. ~1st December.

P.S. It was an update to .44 you saw, right?

Last edited:
What happens if you connect a V8 Tesla sold in Switzerland to another country's WiFi? (here in Tessin we have Italy just a few km away, not so difficult to have a friend there with a WiFi)
Is it still considered "Swiss" and therefore not updated, or will it be considered "Italian" because of the location and updated to V9?

Connected my Model S to my phone’s personal hotspot and saw that it ate 2.5Gb of data (before the data plan ran out), but still not being presented with the update.
I wonder what all that data was if not the update. Map refreshes?

For CH/Austria tesla drivers:

I got yesterday following answer - thank you for contacting us at the Tesla Executive Care Team.

There has been a delay due to a region/country specific update in the release notes - for which we apologize - however V9 is being rolled out to all vehicles in Austria/Switzerland. Like many of our other Tesla family members you will receive the latest firmware update soon.

However I am unable to provide you with an exact timeline as we are not rolling out firmware updates to all vehicles at the same time. (to prevent server overloads and other common errors resulting from that method). This is an automated process and we have no visibility on the exact date or time when a vehicle receives their latest firmware version. To receive the FW update as soon as possible - please make sure that your vehicle is connected to a stable WiFI connection.

I wish you a nice day!

Met vriendelijke groeten, Best regards, Med vänliga hälsningar,

Johny de Feber | Global Executive Care
Bekkenstenveien 15 | 0976 Oslo, Norway

There has been a delay due to a region/country specific update in the release notes
Specific update in the release notes? :confused: This means nothing. So, we still don't know why.

however V9 is being rolled out to all vehicles in Austria/Switzerland.
Teslafi doesn't seem to agree. I refresh the Firmware Tracker 1000 times a day and nothing is happening for CH (or Austria). My car is on WiFi 95% of the day and night.

Thank you for the information though! And thank you for sending a message to the Executive Team. If things don't move within the next couple of days, I think I will do the same.