Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Poll: How do you love the new bottom-half split-screen UI?

How do you love the new bottom-half split-screen UI?

• I love it / I don't mind it

• I am going to spam the forums with multiple threads about why I hate it and sign a petition to Elon.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don’t mind all the extra apps completely covering the media player interface, it’s great. If you always travel in silence and never use the media player, you will probably love it.

IMO? ...it sucks. Fortunately it came to my 2015 S first, which is just waiting in my driveway to be turned in. It has not yet been offered to my MCU2 X. I will NOT be installing it on my X, even with all the possible improvements to NAV. Forcing the continuous map display was a terrible choice.

If you don’t mind all the extra apps completely covering the media player interface, it’s great. If you always travel in silence and never use the media player, you will probably love it.
Wait a few seconds and the extra apps minimize. Or, you press the "x" to close the apps menu for immediate response. Or, do not open the apps menu so as to not cover the media player.

How do I put the camera on the top of the screen and something other than the map on the bottom?

You can't with V9, and this is what this poll was about,

You might be a bit confused as to why there is even a poll. I mean obviously if you have something, and it gets taken away then one group of people are going to be upset while another group doesn't really care too much.

But, for some bizarre reason there is this one user who somehow thinks it's an improvement.

So he seems to want us to be okay with it.

It's kinda entertaining.

This poll seems skewed towards the positive choice which includes everything from love to not minding the change while the negative option is worded completely unreasonably.

What is telling though is that around 50% of the voters still went for the negative option. Really divisive change from Tesla.

The poll is a joke that's born from the other thread the OP made.

Don't take it seriously.

Tesla has gotten a ton of messages on it, and they know we're pissed. So fully expect that functionality to be returned.

You can't with V9, and this is what this poll was about,

You might be a bit confused as to why there is even a poll. I mean obviously if you have something, and it gets taken away then one group of people are going to be upset while another group doesn't really care too much.

But, for some bizarre reason there is this one user who somehow thinks it's an improvement.

So he seems to want us to be okay with it.

It's kinda entertaining.

Apparently 51.9% of users love it or are okay with it too. We’re just not entitled vocal zealots like you.

Apparently 51.9% of users love it or are okay with it too. We’re just not entitled vocal zealots like you.

The fact that you can say that with a straight face as if you haven't quite understood the ramifications of upsetting 48.1% of your userbase means you're a much better comedian than me.

At this point we know it's an oops, and time would be better spent coming up with ideas to fix this mess.

Last edited: