Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered 5/16 Glen Allen/Richmond, MSM/black, 5, 20", tow hitch, no fsd - completed profile/financing same day. originally 4-11 weeks, changed to nothing, then 2 days ago changed to 3-13 weeks. Received a call LW - do I have any questions? Asked when I'll get the car - SA said "end of June at the earliest". Spend too much time on here, reddit and youtube. Purchased accessories - mats, screen protector, mud flaps, spoiler, phone holder, matte black pieces to cover the wood grain dash, 14-50 adapter. put in a 14-50 nema outlet already. All ready.

update 6/1 date changed to June 16-30.
Moved down a day for 4 days until june 20-30 yesterday. Today moved to July 19-Aug 8. Not impatient but have a car to sell- just hope the used car prices stay high until delivery. My wife however is ready to cancel.

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
well I'll pile on the pity party. Ordered MY7 white/black, no FSD or hitch on 5/12. Had EDD of 6/16 -6/30 for the past 3 weeks and today... BOOM EDD September, not even a day lol. I don't think the scheduling assistant realizes I would of taken delivery in July or even August lol. Been lurking here for awhile, had my hopes up thinking I might be one of the few actual estimates. On the bright side this torture only cost me $100, I know some people on other forums who pay thousands for pain.

Reactions: EVHokie07
well I'll pile on the pity party. Ordered MY7 white/black, no FSD or hitch on 5/12. Had EDD of 6/16 -6/30 for the past 3 weeks and today... BOOM EDD September, not even a day lol. I don't think the scheduling assistant realizes I would of taken delivery in July or even August lol. Been lurking here for awhile, had my hopes up thinking I might be one of the few actual estimates. On the bright side this torture only cost me $100, I know some people on other forums who pay thousands for pain.
exact same happened to my order today too - EDD: September??!!

ordered 14 May - spec is in my sig...although, I've read numerous times in this forum that those EDD dates essentially meaningless, I really hope so!

ordered 5/12, MYLR / base everything.

Front end of EDD has been getting pushed one day every day since the beginning of June. Currently at 6/20 - 6/30.

I talked to my OA in the Tysons store a couple of weeks ago because the tail end of the EDD coincides with a vacation I'd planned some time ago. Does anyone know what happens if I'm out of town during delivery?

Judging by the constantly fluctuating EDDs here, it seems that it might not even be an issue and I won't be getting the car in June anyway. But just in case.

Ordered LR MY midnight silver AWD with tow hitch on 5/10. Will pick up at the Tyco Road center. Initially EDD was 6/13-6/30. It pushed me back day by day when I was two weeks out. So like if I was 13 days from 6/13, the soonest EDD would move up to 6/14.

The date did flip flop once a week ago, from June to August, then back to June the next day. It was June 26th this morning and now it just says September.

The general rules appear to be: don't trust the estimator, mass deliveries happen at the end of each quarter, and if a delivery date moves back a month, it'll move to later in the month. Tesla most likely ships it's cars to other countries beginning of the month and then within the country (USA) at the end of the month. This is all good stuff to know -additional knowledge helps with the waiting.

My estimated delivery says end of September, I'm thinking end of July at the worst. There's a Google doc on this forum somewhere where it says the average delivery time is around 45-50 days right now.

As per waiting in Virginia... I've contacted my SA a couple times, seems nice enough, but I also don't wanna bother them since I know they're swamped with impatient people. Imma let them have their space until I get a VIN assigned.

Reactions: Mobyshake
Ordered LR MY midnight silver AWD with tow hitch on 5/10. Will pick up at the Tyco Road center. Initially EDD was 6/13-6/30. It pushed me back day by day when I was two weeks out. So like if I was 13 days from 6/13, the soonest EDD would move up to 6/14.

The date did flip flop once a week ago, from June to August, then back to June the next day. It was June 26th this morning and now it just says September.

The general rules appear to be: don't trust the estimator, mass deliveries happen at the end of each quarter, and if a delivery date moves back a month, it'll move to later in the month. Tesla most likely ships it's cars to other countries beginning of the month and then within the country (USA) at the end of the month. This is all good stuff to know -additional knowledge helps with the waiting.

My estimated delivery says end of September, I'm thinking end of July at the worst. There's a Google doc on this forum somewhere where it says the average delivery time is around 45-50 days right now.

As per waiting in Virginia... I've contacted my SA a couple times, seems nice enough, but I also don't wanna bother them since I know they're swamped with impatient people. Imma let them have their space until I get a VIN assigned.

Got updated EDD: July 21-August 10th. It'd be good to know who in Virginia are taking deliveries right now, and what their order days are.

Got updated EDD: July 21-August 10th. It'd be good to know who in Virginia are taking deliveries right now, and what their order days are.
I placed an order on 5/10 for a MYLR, white, black interior with induction wheels and then placed an order on 5/11 for MYLR, blue white interior with induction wheels. i ended up finding a MYP with the same spec as the blue online at Tysons Corner so I took delivery about 10 days ago. The wait was killing me. We are scheduled to pick up my wife’s car this Saturday in Richmond.

I am thoroughly enjoying the electric car experience and can’t see myself going back to an ICE vehicle.