Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
I ordered my MY Midnight Silver w/Tow Hitch (no FSD) on 5/10/2021. Today, 6/18/2021, I got the blue button when I was refreshing at work at ~4:30 this afternoon. Clicked it. It was real, not fake, and I went through the final payment process, updated my insurance, etc. Delivery will be tomorrow (6/19/2021) at my home (was not expecting a home delivery) from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm. VIN #204XXX, which is a little surprising since I see people here in the 210XXX's.

Ordered 5/10/2021. Will be delivered on 6/19/2021. That was my journey.

Side note, the guy that called me was pretty cryptic about who he was at first... quite a confusing phone call, to be honest. But he did say "We got 87 deliveries tomorrow, so it's a wide time frame"

87 deliveries. That's a lot of cars!

Anyone know how the license plate process work with Tesla? I wanted to xfur my old plates to the new car once I get delivery, but I can't do that until its registered / get a vin that I could take to the DMV of course. Do they just deliver the car with a temp tag on them regardless, then you have a few weeks to get the plates moved over?

Had to pass on 2 deliveries (was waiting on my trade in check to come in), ordered 5/28, they called me 6/4 and again a few days ago. So bummed I could not take delivery and back to waiting now that I'm ready with the funds... Seems like it would have been a very fast turnaround considering people are still waiting for theirs that ordered months ago.

Anyone know how the license plate process work with Tesla? I wanted to xfur my old plates to the new car once I get delivery, but I can't do that until its registered / get a vin that I could take to the DMV of course. Do they just deliver the car with a temp tag on them regardless, then you have a few weeks to get the plates moved over?

Had to pass on 2 deliveries (was waiting on my trade in check to come in), ordered 5/28, they called me 6/4 and again a few days ago. So bummed I could not take delivery and back to waiting now that I'm ready with the funds... Seems like it would have been a very fast turnaround considering people are still waiting for theirs that ordered months ago.
I took delivery today. They included a Virginia DMV request for a license plate, but they also included the plates. I've to contact my advisor, but I'm pretty sure that if I don't want custom plates, then I don't have to file that paperwork.

My EDD was still reading July - August as of today.

My friend at Tesla called me today and said there was a Grey Metallic Y-LR in Rockville that someone cancelled on. He asked me if I wanted to take that instead of the white that I ordered. I said go for it and got VIN matched today. Delivery in a couple of days.

No more waiting, thank goodness.

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
well I'll pile on the pity party. Ordered MY7 white/black, no FSD or hitch on 5/12. Had EDD of 6/16 -6/30 for the past 3 weeks and today... BOOM EDD September, not even a day lol. I don't think the scheduling assistant realizes I would of taken delivery in July or even August lol. Been lurking here for awhile, had my hopes up thinking I might be one of the few actual estimates. On the bright side this torture only cost me $100, I know some people on other forums who pay thousands for pain.
As of Friday EDD was July 15 - Aug 2nd. I got the text so schedule home delivery yesterday from tysons store. Coming home this Saturday!

Hi VA thread! I just wanted to add my timeline to the mix. I ordered on 5/11 - MY LR, White on Black, 20'' Inductions, 5 Seater no FSD. My EDD has been all over the place from End of June to September, but right now it's reading July 14-Aug 3. I would randomly ping my SA once in a while, but it looks like he doesn't know for sure and I don't really want to bother him. I'm okay with a later delivery as I don't know how to feel about cicada guts on the baby.... LOL

I'm super excited for you guys who have a delivery date scheduled/recently got delivery!

Reactions: EVHokie07
Hi VA thread! I just wanted to add my timeline to the mix. I ordered on 5/11 - MY LR, White on Black, 20'' Inductions, 5 Seater no FSD. My EDD has been all over the place from End of June to September, but right now it's reading July 14-Aug 3. I would randomly ping my SA once in a while, but it looks like he doesn't know for sure and I don't really want to bother him. I'm okay with a later delivery as I don't know how to feel about cicada guts on the baby.... LOL

I'm super excited for you guys who have a delivery date scheduled/recently got delivery!
I ordered on 5/10, and I took delivery on Saturday 6/19. Since you ordered a day after me (albeit with a different config). -I'm hoping yours comes soon! It's only logical that you'll be part of the next shipment.

Tesla Order
(Tysons Corner, VA) near Washington DC

6/5/2021 - Model Y LR ordered.

6/7/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 20 - September 19
No VIN.

6/7~6/10/2021 - Loan got approved and finished everything.

6/11/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
June 25 - June 30
VIN has been assigned

6/15/2021 - Received a call from Sales Advisor (from NV)
Telling me I’ll get a text message and I’ll need to respond within 48 hours.

6/22/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 06 - August 26
No VIN - They took it away.

6/22/2021 - Called Sales Advisor (from NV)
Complained how the VIN taken away, and the dates are delayed.

06/23/2021 - Tysons Corner,VA Sales Advisor called me.
Telling me my VIN was taken away because the car didn’t meet the quality expectation.

Waiting…

Reactions: Jonasbrotha