Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who did you have install your wall charger? I’m looking for someone to install my charger.
I am sorry, I should have clarified…I installed it myself. My son is an electrical engineer so he had my back. See photos attached.
Regards.
C213005D-5FCD-4F11-B744-898EF716A991.jpeg
BD285624-3488-4162-8CC0-AD3FA0DBD996.jpeg
3BEF12D0-F6B1-4051-A968-DBCDC85C643D.jpeg
FF52120E-ECE9-4EE2-BF99-26E5B498A193.jpeg

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
Order date: 4/27
Current delivery estimate: 7/21-8/10

MYLR/ Midnight Silver/ Black Interior

Here is the detail of the delivery dares:

4/27/21: Order date (6-9 weeks delivery estimate)

~5/10:
June 10-23

5/29
3-13 weeks

6/2
6/17-6/30

6/8
6/21-6/30

6/10:
6/23-6/30

6/11:
7/19-8/8

6/12:
7/22-8/11

6/14:
7/19-8/8

6/15:
September

6/16:
7/14-8/3

6/17:
September

6/18:
7/16-8/5

6/24:
7/13-8/2

6/26
7/14-8/3

6/27:
7/16-8/5

7/1:
7/22-8/11

7/2:
7/21-8/10

(HCDAW)OK3 -- My order history remains pretty similar... Order date May 25, 3-13 weeks to start then some dates, the September glitch, then a week or a little more of the same prediction (July20-August something), then a shift to Aug1-21. The last shift was just a day earlier and I've been on that EDD for a few days now.

Estimated Delivery: July 31 - August 20​

Reactions: (HCDAW)OK3
Hello there fellow Virginians!

Ordered 6/6 (Tyco SC)
MYLR, MSM/Black, 19” Wheels, standard everything.

EDD has been anything but consistent, like most of you have experienced. The earliest date that it showed at any point was 30 July - mid Aug although after my trade in offer expired, its now all the way back 17-30 Sept. Not sure if there is a connection between the trade in and the EDD shift, but either way really hoping something changes.

but you know what they say about hope…

anyway, if anybody is in and around Stafford and looking for an electrician to install charging lemme know. I linked up with a dude who gave us literally the only reasonable quote we received, and hes pretty good.

best of luck to all, happy to see that these forums arent all hunger games-y with people trying to get Teslas.

Reactions: Mobyshake
Tyson Corner MYLR silver black interior full auto 19 wheel Ordered on June14 everything filled in two days later.

It really is mindboggling how the delivery date jumps back and forth even day-to-day. It does not seem to have any connection to reality
Today it is August 13 - September 2 but I know that tomorrow it will be another date and so on. I wish it could be reliable since I will be in Napa for a month. IN june when the delivery was late September I bought the tickets for JUly 23 to August 20. I now hope it will come after I return so not have to start all over again. Uncertainty..............

Ordered 6/6 (Tyco SC)

EDD has been anything but consistent, like most of you have experienced. The earliest date that it showed at any point was 30 July - mid Aug although after my trade in offer expired, its now all the way back 17-30 Sept. Not sure if there is a connection between the trade in and the EDD shift, but either way really hoping something changes.

anyway, if anybody is in and around Stafford and looking for an electrician to install charging lemme know. I linked up with a dude who gave us literally the only reasonable quote we received, and hes pretty good.

best of luck to all, happy to see that these forums arent all hunger games-y with people trying to get Teslas.

Josh, I am in Alexandria what was his charge for installing the charger I have bought the Tesla wall charger and installing it about 100 feet from the panel
Thanks Curt
Hey! So this guy is an older retired dude that works out of his van in Stafford, fully licensed and insured though.

He quoted me for $350 labor for a 48ft run of 6-3 Romex and the rest of the installation.

For comparison the other people i got quotes from quoted $1300-$1500 labor, around $2k total which seemed excessive. Since its just him and I am on leave for a little while Im planning on helping him so I can learn a little something while Im at it, doubt it will change the labor cost though.
I am not sure if he works as far north as Alexandria but I can reach out to him and see? He usually works in the massive community next to my neighborhood and we have some mutual friends. Either way happy to ask!

Hey! So this guy is an older retired dude that works out of his van in Stafford, fully licensed and insured though.

He quoted me for $350 labor for a 48ft run of 6-3 Romex and the rest of the installation.

For comparison the other people i got quotes from quoted $1300-$1500 labor, around $2k total which seemed excessive. Since its just him and I am on leave for a little while Im planning on helping him so I can learn a little something while Im at it, doubt it will change the labor cost though.
I am not sure if he works as far north as Alexandria but I can reach out to him and see? He usually works in the massive community next to my neighborhood and we have some mutual friends. Either way happy to ask!
Yes please do.email [email protected]

Ordered 6/6 (Tyco SC)

Same thing happened with me last weekend. Trade-in expired and as soon as it renewed the dates pushed more than a month back, to later August/September. I was steady in July up until that point. SA said it was just a coincidence, but I don't buy it.

Hopefully these EDDs really are irrelevant and you'll see the VIN pop in a couple weeks.