Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

what about this?
No funding, no rebate/free money.

MY EDD changed this morning to 5/13-5/27. My 2nd 2 week window. Did any one else have their EDD change this morning from VA State? My delivery center is Tyco road in Tysons.
Ordered MYLR, MSM, tow hitch, 7 seats on 9/29/2021 and had an EDD of May 4-June 1 for the longest time...but it changed about a week ago to May 27 - June 24. I had one 2-week window back in February. Needless to say, I was quite bummed by this. Went by Tyco Rd dealership in Tysons and talked with an SA there, learning essentially nothing.

Ordered MYLR, MSM, tow hitch, 7 seats on 9/29/2021 and had an EDD of May 4-June 1 for the longest time...but it changed about a week ago to May 27 - June 24. I had one 2-week window back in February. Needless to say, I was quite bummed by this. Went by Tyco Rd dealership in Tysons and talked with an SA there, learning essentially nothing.
I guess we just aren’t getting enough cars? 🤷‍♂️. I dont think they respond to emails. Debating if I should call and inquire about what they’re seeing on wait times or just remain patient…..OD: 12/2 MYLR Blue/Black No Tow/No FSD. Current EDD: 7/18-8/29

I stopped by the Discount Tire in Richmond (Staples Mill Rd), and got the certificates/warranty for $173 + tax. That was for all 4 tires.
I've got the 20" Goodyear Eagle F1's - 255/40 R20.

They just did a quick inspection, and I paid the bill. Then I had them do a free rotation. :)
Where are you in VA though? I don't have any nearby. the closest one is about 40 miles away in West Virginia for me.

What does the warranty entail?

Here's a link to their "Certificate" program: Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person
In a nutshell, it's a tire road-hazard warranty good for 3yrs and >3/32 tread. If anything happens to the tire, you get a new tire.
I've even known people who have the Certificate and have a blowout nowhere near a Discount Tire, and they buy a replacement wherever is the closest, and Discount Tire will reimburse them (keep receipts).

My brother-in-law is a VP at their corporate office in Scottsdale, and has been there for over 25 years. They run the company in a very consumer-friendly way, and don't play games and try to weasel out of things.

I'm not typically one to buy ANY extended warranties on anything , instead choosing to "self-insure", but I have bought the tire certificates for my wife , kids , and my cars. Both of my kids (24 & 22) live in different states, and my son always seems to find things in the road that puncture his tires. He just had one replaced yesterday at his local Discount Tire. We get our moneys worth from AAA too. :)

Reactions: 1TooManyJs
Here's a link to their "Certificate" program: Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person
In a nutshell, it's a tire road-hazard warranty good for 3yrs and >3/32 tread. If anything happens to the tire, you get a new tire.
I've even known people who have the Certificate and have a blowout nowhere near a Discount Tire, and they buy a replacement wherever is the closest, and Discount Tire will reimburse them (keep receipts).

My brother-in-law is a VP at their corporate office in Scottsdale, and has been there for over 25 years. They run the company in a very consumer-friendly way, and don't play games and try to weasel out of things.

I'm not typically one to buy ANY extended warranties on anything , instead choosing to "self-insure", but I have bought the tire certificates for my wife , kids , and my cars. Both of my kids (24 & 22) live in different states, and my son always seems to find things in the road that puncture his tires. He just had one replaced yesterday at his local Discount Tire. We get our moneys worth from AAA too. :)
Interesting, I think I'll most likely do this.. Seems like a no brainer.

So just stop by one time and get reimbursed whenever something happens to the tire (if discount tire is not nearby)?

So just stop by one time and get reimbursed whenever something happens to the tire (if discount tire is not nearby)?

Yep. Click Here to see a PDF of their 'official' warranty/terms, etc.

I didn't even know they would sell the warranty/certificate on tires you didn't buy there. My bro-in-law mentioned it when I told him I bought the new Tesla last year.
Any other time, we've bought the certificates with a set of tires, and they're normally typically $11-$20 per tire.