Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vacation and EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plan is to change to MYP but we’re going on vacation until the 24th….being in CA I’m afraid I’ll get a vin assigned while I’m gone. Those who’ve had experience, when they assign a vin and you’re not here, if you say no are you back to the end again? Or will they hold the car for when you return?

Trying to time the change but don’t want to wait until the end of the month also to change to a MYP bc that puts me even further behind!

Thoughts?

My only thought about people getting a Performance, don't they know these cars are wicked quick anyway? My wife has one of the first 3s, with one motor, and she easily beats the hot-rodders across the intersection at the light. Performance is almost a waste of money unless you go to the drag strip every week.

My plan is to change to MYP but we’re going on vacation until the 24th….being in CA I’m afraid I’ll get a vin assigned while I’m gone. Those who’ve had experience, when they assign a vin and you’re not here, if you say no are you back to the end again? Or will they hold the car for when you return?

Trying to time the change but don’t want to wait until the end of the month also to change to a MYP bc that puts me even further behind!

Thoughts?

They are not going to hold a car longer than 3 days or so at the outside. If you cant take delivery they will give that vin to someone else and then you will get another one a bit later. I dont think you go back to the end of the line, but if you delay across the end of a quarter, you might have a longer wait.

I would also recommend not paying much attention to the "performance is a waste of money" comment above, as that is very "on brand" for that particular poster.

They are not going to hold a car longer than 3 days or so at the outside. If you cant take delivery they will give that vin to someone else and then you will get another one a bit later. I dont think you go back to the end of the line, but if you delay across the end of a quarter, you might have a longer wait.

I would also recommend not paying much attention to the "performance is a waste of money" comment above, as that is very "on brand" for that particular poster.

Thank you for the help! Pushing me further to do the switch sooner rather than later.

I am having the same issue. I might be out of town during my delivery. The window right now is between 8/16 and 9/20.

If i can't take delivery of the VIN, will I still get the same price (ordered at the end of January) and inclusion of the mobile charger?