Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Mode vs "Shop" Mode needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote to the Executive board to request they implement a "shop mode" similar to "valet mode" that is currently available in the app. They quickly replied with, "...Your idea sounds like one that could bring us closer to our target, therefor I have submitted this as a feature request for our development team...."

Background: When I took my MS to the body shop for repairs, I asked about putting the vehicle in Valet mode and they kindly asked me to NOT to do that; since, if in valet mode they'd have to disconnect power in order to open the frunk to access the area of repair.

It seemed to me that a shop mode, that contained most but not all of valet's settings, would be advantageous to repair personnel while at the same time safeguarding the vehicle owner's personal information.

Reactions: Brisket5652
I wrote to the Executive board to request they implement a "shop mode" similar to "valet mode" that is currently available in the app. They quickly replied with, "...Your idea sounds like one that could bring us closer to our target, therefor I have submitted this as a feature request for our development team...."

Background: When I took my MS to the body shop for repairs, I asked about putting the vehicle in Valet mode and they kindly asked me to NOT to do that; since, if in valet mode they'd have to disconnect power in order to open the frunk to access the area of repair.

It seemed to me that a shop mode, that contained most but not all of valet's settings, would be advantageous to repair personnel while at the same time safeguarding the vehicle owner's personal information.
I would like to have something like this for when I bring my car in for PPF and tint. Valet font work as you mentioned, so shop mode, even just to limit acceleration and speed would be great.

Ah well, won't be in place by August 4th LOL.