Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone please remind me how the insurance process goes at the Powell Street Delivery centre? I will have my optional insurance ready at Belair. What is the process to secure the ICBC basic. I assume that they will be onsite. Will Aviva also be on site? I was told by my insurance advisor that their 'replacement value' rates are very competitive...

Also please confirm that the cheque is made out to Telsa Motors Canada ULC. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Can anyone please remind me how the insurance process goes at the Powell Street Delivery centre? I will have my optional insurance ready at Belair. What is the process to secure the ICBC basic. I assume that they will be onsite. Will Aviva also be on site? I was told by my insurance advisor that their 'replacement value' rates are very competitive...

Also please confirm that the cheque is made out to Telsa Motors Canada ULC. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Yes, that is the correct name to use for the cheque. As for insurance, there is an ICBC broker there that can get you set up for basic insurance. Just tell them that you're doing the optional insurance through a 3rd party and they'll have you sign a waiver - you then need to call your other provider and give them the info (registration number, etc.). I went through BCAA for my optional and had set up most of the policy ahead of time to speed things up. My BCAA agent then emailed me the forms, who I forwarded to my delivery advisor to print out. After signing it, she then scanned it for me and emailed it back to my BCAA agent. Once I got confirmation from BCAA that it was all in place, I was good to go. You'll want to make sure you can work with Belair during your delivery appointment (hopefully it's during work hours). It's a bit more complicated than doing optional through ICBC, but so much cheaper!

I've also heard of people just accepting the ICBC optional coverage during the delivery process, and then cancelling it once they switch over to their 3rd party coverage. That may be easier although I don't know if there would be any extra cancellation fees involved.

Yes, that is the correct name to use for the cheque. As for insurance, there is an ICBC broker there that can get you set up for basic insurance. Just tell them that you're doing the optional insurance through a 3rd party and they'll have you sign a waiver - you then need to call your other provider and give them the info (registration number, etc.). I went through BCAA for my optional and had set up most of the policy ahead of time to speed things up. My BCAA agent then emailed me the forms, who I forwarded to my delivery advisor to print out. After signing it, she then scanned it for me and emailed it back to my BCAA agent. Once I got confirmation from BCAA that it was all in place, I was good to go. You'll want to make sure you can work with Belair during your delivery appointment (hopefully it's during work hours). It's a bit more complicated than doing optional through ICBC, but so much cheaper!

I've also heard of people just accepting the ICBC optional coverage during the delivery process, and then cancelling it once they switch over to their 3rd party coverage. That may be easier although I don't know if there would be any extra cancellation fees involved.

Yup, this is what I did. Way easier. Just went 100% with ICBC at first, then next day went to BCAA and took my time to reverse the optional insurance. I would highly recommend this route as it is so much simpler.

Ok. Thanks! I got Spencer as my DA in Las Vegas. He first told me to write the cheque out to Tesla Inc so I asked him to confirm and he apologized and said what I thought was correct. He also said any personal cheque would do as they changed the rules but I will get a certified cheque anyways. I will likely go your route then. My pickup is Saturday at 3:00pm and Belair is open until 4:30pm. How long does the whole process take place? I'm supposedly with about 4 other buyers....

Ok. Thanks! I got Spencer as my DA in Las Vegas. He first told me to write the cheque out to Tesla Inc so I asked him to confirm and he apologized and said what I thought was correct. He also said any personal cheque would do as they changed the rules but I will get a certified cheque anyways. I will likely go your route then. My pickup is Saturday at 3:00pm and Belair is open until 4:30pm. How long does the whole process take place? I'm supposedly with about 4 other buyers....
They do a 10 minute intro slide show when there's a group of a few people - then you meet your delivery rep to go through and sign the MVPA and complete the payment. That only takes < 5 min. After that you talk to the insurance person, which only takes about 10-15 minutes. Once that is complete, you go outside with your rep and they show you your car and walk you through the features, etc. I had a chance to look over the outside of the car before my delivery appointment, so I spent some time going through the interior to make sure everything way okay. After that - the car is yours and you drive away with a big Tesla smile on your face! :)

• Informative
Reactions: dighn
They do a 10 minute intro slide show when there's a group of a few people - then you meet your delivery rep to go through and sign the MVPA and complete the payment. That only takes < 5 min. After that you talk to the insurance person, which only takes about 10-15 minutes. Once that is complete, you go outside with your rep and they show you your car and walk you through the features, etc. I had a chance to look over the outside of the car before my delivery appointment, so I spent some time going through the interior to make sure everything way okay. After that - the car is yours and you drive away with a big Tesla smile on your face! :)
Great! How were you able to look at your car beforehand?

Does anyone know how many Model 3s were delivered in Vancouver this September?
They were delivering between 50-60/day last week, so about 350-420 last week alone.

From the looks of the BC CEV incentive being about $3M at the beginning of the month and $500K into the new $10M additional funds, my quick Asian math tells me about 700 Model 3’s sold this month in BC...assuming there were not too many other brands of EV’s being sold

They were delivering between 50-60/day last week, so about 350-420 last week alone.

From the looks of the BC CEV incentive being about $3M at the beginning of the month and $500K into the new $10M additional funds, my quick Asian math tells me about 700 Model 3’s sold this month in BC...assuming there were not too many other brands of EV’s being sold

You’re the guy who introduced me to Ronnie. Thanks man. He wrapped two of my cars already.

My Asian math ain’t so hot!

You’re the guy who introduced me to Ronnie. Thanks man. He wrapped two of my cars already.

My Asian math ain’t so hot!

Yeah, I remember referring you to PH Solar a couple of years back with your Model S. I’m waiting to have Tesla service send my 3 to get the paint corrected before PPF and tint. I’ve only put 100KM so far on the 3....don’t want any dings or chips under the PPF.

Anybody interested in swapping a USB cable?
Want: USB-C
Have: Lightning.
I'm downtown Vancouver.
I should have just talked to some of the other people picking up their cars at the same time but that didn't occur to me in the moment. Preoccupied I guess :)
Yeah, I remember referring you to PH Solar a couple of years back with your Model S. I’m waiting to have Tesla service send my 3 to get the paint corrected before PPF and tint. I’ve only put 100KM so far on the 3....don’t want any dings or chips under the PPF.

Who is doing the paint correction?

Tesla assigned Enterprise Rental car for my Tesla service (paint rework) next week. I don't believe they (Enterprise) has Tesla or other EV's for their rental fleet.

I had a special request with my sales advisor and awaiting his response...he’s been good to me in the past since this is my 4th Tesla. I’m trying to get an S on an “extended test drive.”

Reactions: fidodido